PDA

View Full Version : Cowtown Auto Show

devildog92
02-09-2003, 05:41 PM
Went their this am just to get a preview of this coming weekends show in Big 'D'. I was somewhat disappointed at the number of concept cars there (as in 2 cars), but other than that it was not too bad. It was at the FTW convention ctr, not the largest of venues to hold the show but not the worst. I will say this, I was most intrigued with one car there however...the 350Z. What an auto! 287hp out of 3.5L N/A. I did the calculations, and it is10hp/L more efficeint than a Vette, 27hp/L more than a Stang and 24hp more than a Z28, yet it best the hp #'s from either a 4.6 GT or LT1 Camarobird. Brembo brakes, state of the art engineering, and all under 35k for the all-performance track model (upgrade from the luxury or performance models). GReddy already has a turbo kit out for the car, and Nismo (sp? for Nissan's equivalent of SVT) has a Z coming out later this year that supposedly will blow the doors off the rest of the class in handling, etc...Sign me up.

Ford had no Mach 1, No L, No Cobra...Just the generic line of cars that we have come accustomed to. I can only hope they held back for next week in Dallas. GM had a Vette, but no ZO6. No Viper, SRT-10, etc Clearly this was a show for the truck crowd since it was FTW. All in all, I think I pd slightly too much for what I got ($16 for my wife , my 4 yr old and myself, $6 for parking), but I will not complain too much. Not a bad way to spend part of the afternoon though...And I won't even get into the chicks I saw. I nearly had to change my underwear...