PDA

View Full Version : Cars & Coffee - April 3rd - NOW May 1st

ZeusSVT
03-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Weather looks to be nice so far! I plan to be there. Hope to see some others as well. :tu:

http://www.classicbmw.com/MiscPage_3

PUMP
03-29-2010, 08:47 PM
I'm out of town on the 3rd. Family get-together in Conroe.

svtroky
03-30-2010, 07:02 AM
i mite make it.

dboat
03-30-2010, 07:42 PM
I am a definite maybe.. depends on weather and what else is on the agenda for the weekend.

Dana

Ohmsby
03-30-2010, 08:04 PM
I am coming if the weather is good. May bring something other than the Porch.

HARLEY/SC
03-31-2010, 09:19 AM
I might go!

99bolt
03-31-2010, 08:29 PM
I'll be out there in the Z. Trying to get my nephew out there also.

ZeusSVT
04-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Weather is still looking good so far. Hope this means a good turn out this weekend. :nana2

Shiner1
04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Weather looks good for sure. I'm out on this one. The SO has not been released to drive after surgery and I'm driving her around town for work stuff. See you at the next GTG.

rickgig
04-01-2010, 12:31 PM
We had over 800 cars last month and I would expect that to happen again this time.

Whoever gets there first try and save some spots for the rest of us. The area we used to park in might be used this time to put cars that are for sale. It's going to be called Coffee to Go...

svtroky
04-02-2010, 11:58 AM
IT looks like i dont work tomorrow so ill be there to.

rickgig
04-28-2010, 11:46 AM
It's on for this Saturday times two shows Cars and Coffee and the AER Classic Car Show. Tough choice!

For those that went to last month’s Cars and Coffee you know that if you don't show up before 9 you stand a good chance of not getting in. I think it was around 9:30 maybe 10 that we had to turn cars away cause we were full.

I felt like a bouncer at a trendy club... all we needed was red velvet ropes hanging on gold colored stands and it would have been perfect. Had one dude in a Ferrari get all wigged out with me because he had all the right stuff but couldn't get in. Some guys just don't understand it when you tell them "no"... you can't go in. Even though his buds inside had a spot reserved for him the issue was he couldn’t drive back there because the lanes were impassable.

Gotta admit though… I did show a little bias in that I let cars in that I wanted in like the dude in the red 63 Plymouth with the Hemi in it and a few others.

We lost count at the service road entrance at over 600 cars and I bet the other side had over 400. Classic even opened up more of the parking lot to accommodate everyone but it just got too big.

Then of course we had the Viper with the 360 in the service road, the Solstice getting crazy and hitting the wall and my favorite... the Lambo dude. I am betting he doesn't show this time. I stood in front of him shouting that the cop was to my right waiting... don't do anything stupid. Rapped it up which sounded awesome and nailed it going sideways on the service road and then BUSTED!!!

The guy comes back around the service road to do a high speed fly by right in the face of the cop finishing up his paperwork while entering the DNT. All this was done to the cheers of the blood thirsty crowd on the curb. Sort of bugs me that all they want to see is someone get crazy and then if one of them gets hurt they’ll bitch about it and who know where it’ll go from there.

The AER show is from noon to 3pm at 1605 Surveyor Blvd, Carrolton. Registration is 8-11 with tons of classes. Looks like their giving away either a Ford 302 or Chevy 350 long block to first place or show favorite.

www.aermanufacturing.com/events/index.html (http://www.aermanufacturing.com/events/index.html)

I can only do Cars and Coffee since I have committed to it.

What y’all gonna do?

Shiner1
04-28-2010, 12:13 PM
My daughter and I are going to hit AER. Maybe we can collect some hardware.

ZeusSVT
04-28-2010, 12:15 PM
I'll be at Cars and Coffee for sure.....the other one can't make it this month. Gotta start packing for vacation and do a little shopping this weekend to get ready. The morning time for cars and coffee was reserved in advance so that's not getting taken off the schedule.

However, a nice lunch at Twin Peaks after C&C isn't out of the question either. I could always go for a nice Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with some "bewbs" on the side. :d

dboat
04-28-2010, 01:41 PM
out of town.. :(

Dana

svtroky
04-29-2010, 08:33 AM
I am in.

RSVT
04-29-2010, 03:54 PM
so is this a every saturday thing..

Shiner1
04-29-2010, 04:02 PM
so is this a every saturday thing..

1st Saturday of the month.

PUMP
04-29-2010, 08:25 PM
If its not raining, I think I'll make it to Cars & Coffee (early).

98Cobra
05-03-2010, 12:43 AM
So I heard the cops were all over this one. Anyone go? What happened?

rickgig
05-03-2010, 07:54 AM
I showed up but couldn't stay long. It was about 9:30 when I pulled in coming from 121 south on the DNT. Two cops with laser on the south service road and I saw a unit just beyond the toll both on the DNT which was to catch guys flying on to the DNT.

Three units where they always are parked only this time they had the right most lane blocked with a unit making it tough to get into the show.

When I left on the north service road there was a motorcycle cop sitting in front of the toll booth (texting and never looked up at me) and two units in the parking lot's on the right hand side.

I talked to the guys there from Classic and they told me the mayor was upset when he saw the YouTube video from last month of the Solstice hitting the wall. His response was obvious.

Classic did the right thing and had a sign and new shirts made with the slogan being "No Burnout" and "Don't be the next YouTube subject".

So yes.... too many cops.

The crowd was down since there were two other shows going on with prizes and you know money talks.

Shiner1
05-03-2010, 11:21 AM
The AER show was called off due to rain:confused:. Although I didn't see any so I hit the coffee stop. Saw Memo and Fralin. It wasn't as full as it has been in the past but still some nice cars. The police presence was in evidence that's for sure. I thought the youtube sign was great. "Don't be the next Youtube video" :rll:There was a group of kids (17-18yrs old maybe) That stopped and looked at the Gen 1. One of them wants to know if it really has NAWZ!!. Why yes it does! "That's cool, I have never seen a car with real NAWZ, only stickers" :rll:

svtroky
05-03-2010, 12:00 PM
^^^^^^^^^^:rll::rll::rll::rll:

rickgig
05-03-2010, 01:06 PM
The AER show was called off due to rain:confused:. Although I didn't see any so I hit the coffee stop. Saw Memo and Fralin. It wasn't as full as it has been in the past but still some nice cars. The police presence was in evidence that's for sure. I thought the youtube sign was great. "Don't be the next Youtube video" :rll:There was a group of kids (17-18yrs old maybe) That stopped and looked at the Gen 1. One of them wants to know if it really has NAWZ!!. Why yes it does! "That's cool, I have never seen a car with real NAWZ, only stickers" :rll:

Dang... I crused through the lot and didn't see you. I was actually looking for a guy I know that belongs to the Dallas Vett Club but didn't run into him either.

I stayed for about 20 minutes... that was it.

Sorry I missed ya.

Shiner1
05-06-2010, 01:05 PM
No problem Rick. Catch you at the next GTG. I offered Memo or Fralin $20 to do a burnout but they were not having any!!:rll: