PDA

View Full Version : Pickers

Mark #2
04-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Another show that I think is worth watching.
History channel now.

PUMP
04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I like that show too. I'm a big junk junkie.

99WhiteBeast
04-04-2010, 08:58 PM
cool show- see if you can find the older episode of the guy who hand dug an complete underground compound. It was a maze of rooms underground each filled with different collections of stuff-absolutely amazing that one man could do this.

Beaudee
04-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Luv it to,also like Pawn Stars.:tu: Yes i said PAWN LOL

Shiner1
04-05-2010, 08:48 AM

Yep, both very good shows. Also started watching Southland and Justified.

Mark #2
06-21-2010, 08:05 PM
We have become addicted to these two shows.
New shows now.

Shiner1
06-22-2010, 04:33 PM
We have become addicted to these two shows.
New shows now.

Both good shows.

Silver_2000
06-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Yeah both good shows. Dont come across and too staged ...

dboat
06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
I have Pawn Stars on the dvr but havent added Pickers just yet.. I have watched a few episodes and have enjoyed them.. maybe its the hoarding that I see in Pickers that makes my anxiety go up.. :tex

Dana

kirkmears
06-28-2010, 10:59 AM
maybe its the hoarding that I see in Pickers that makes my anxiety go up.. :tex

Dana

i catch about 10-15 minutes of hoarders and i'm headin to clean out the closet or something...lol

PUMP
06-28-2010, 10:26 PM
What I find amusing about the "hoarders" is that they are reluctant to part with anything (even at a fair price) even though they couldn't tell you what all they have:tongue: If one of em was to die, their heirs will have a devil of a time distributing stuff.

Sixpipes
06-29-2010, 08:23 AM
$150 for "booby trap" alarm that turned out to be an automotive brake tester from the 30s. You don't see them getting taken very often. :cool:

Shiner1
06-29-2010, 11:09 AM
It looks like the "booby trap" worked. :rll:

Speaking of hoarders.. Have you seen "Hoarders - buried alive" on TLC. I find that show fascinating. The last show featured a nurse in Houston that still had a housefull of trash and old food in the fridge from when the power was out after the hurricane a couple of years ago. Very interesting mindset those people have.

dboat
06-29-2010, 12:04 PM
It looks like the "booby trap" worked. :rll:

Speaking of hoarders.. Have you seen "Hoarders - buried alive" on TLC. I find that show fascinating. The last show featured a nurse in Houston that still had a housefull of trash and old food in the fridge from when the power was out after the hurricane a couple of years ago. Very interesting mindset those people have.

just reading about it makes me anxious.. :icon_frown:

Dana

dboat
08-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Well, I saw this show and thought I would record a couple of episodes. It is a picker show but, well, the hosts are WAY better looking than American Pickers, WAY better looking. They readily admit they know very little about what they are buying, but who cares, they are WAY better looking.. anyway, they dont buy stuff to resell it in its original state. If you dont care for the show at least the hosts are worth an episode, although, it wont make it beyond one year.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/picker-sisters

Dana

mikelemoine
08-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Pickers-It would be fun to have a job like that, just drive around the heartland and explore old barns for treasures. Sooner or later you'll come across a barn load of antique hotrods that the old lady wants $100 each for:evil

In reality, if you run the numbers I don't see how you could make a living without the accompanying TV show. They drive all over timbuktu and at the end of the show they run the numbers gadget A bought $50, sold $150=$100 profit. They usually only add up to a grand or two profit before they split it between two guys, their office assistant and travel expenses. Not sure what their Mercedes truck gets for mileage, but I can see them spending $500 or so round trip for a 2-3 state tour.

Hoarders-That is a sad thing to watch people with mental illness. I've known some hoarder types, nothing like the show, but pretty bad. Their perception of clean/dirty gets skewed more and more to where they don't see anything out of the ordinary. You'd think that once they have to sleep outside because they can't find their bed, that something would click, but it doesn't happen. I can't watch too much, it makes me anxious:vomit:

Silver_2000
08-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Pickers

I KNOW that they ONLY show the transactions that make them look good

You can be sure that they make deals that make more $$

but maybe dont reflect well on them - might prevent people from opening the door for them when they come calling

ITS TV !!!

dboat
08-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Pickers-It would be fun to have a job like that, just drive around the heartland and explore old barns for treasures. Sooner or later you'll come across a barn load of antique hotrods that the old lady wants $100 each for:evil

In reality, if you run the numbers I don't see how you could make a living without the accompanying TV show. They drive all over timbuktu and at the end of the show they run the numbers gadget A bought $50, sold $150=$100 profit. They usually only add up to a grand or two profit before they split it between two guys, their office assistant and travel expenses. Not sure what their Mercedes truck gets for mileage, but I can see them spending $500 or so round trip for a 2-3 state tour.

Hoarders-That is a sad thing to watch people with mental illness. I've known some hoarder types, nothing like the show, but pretty bad. Their perception of clean/dirty gets skewed more and more to where they don't see anything out of the ordinary. You'd think that once they have to sleep outside because they can't find their bed, that something would click, but it doesn't happen. I can't watch too much, it makes me anxious:vomit:

Pickers

I KNOW that they ONLY show the transactions that make them look good

You can be sure that they make deals that make more $$

but maybe dont reflect well on them - might prevent people from opening the door for them when they come calling

ITS TV !!!

Maybe watch a couple of episodes of Picker Sisters to change your POV... :banana:

Dana