PDA

View Full Version : Guess whos back...

Boosted32v
04-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Me!

I'm back in the Lightning game, well kind of, I bought a 1995 Lightning (White) for my son. The guy I bought it from gave me the title and it sez the previous owners name is Jason Johns. Didn't know if he posted here at one time or not, I searched but nothing came back.
Its in pretty good shape all stock except for a K&N airfilter, pictures to come soon.

LOL @ I haven't visited since 6-20-2007 :icon_confused:

dboat
04-09-2010, 01:27 AM
Its been awhile.. welcome back..

Dana

Shiner1
04-09-2010, 08:43 AM
Welcome back. Sounds like your son may be a trouble maker and you'll need to that that L away form him.......then drive it yourself.:rll:

Boosted32v
04-09-2010, 09:34 AM
lol, well his b-day isnt til next month so I did get to drive it until then.
I have a few questions about this truck, it had no owners manual. I
'm assuming it uses a FL820s for an oil filter and what oil weight? Also the spark plugs, it needs a tune up in a bad way.

Chris94L
04-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Uh oh its Henry. How's the cobra doin?

Boosted32v
04-10-2010, 03:21 PM
Uh oh its Henry. How's the cobra doin?
The Cobra is doing great, It only gets driven around during nice days though.

I just finished changing the fuel filter and boy what a difference. So far I did an oil & filter change, cleaned the K&N air filter, fuel filter and it seems to be running great! Plugs, cap, rotor and wires are next. Any recomendations on plugs?
I read on NLOC that copper plugs will work, but im not sure what to put on this one, any input Chris?

TIA Henry

99WhiteBeast
04-10-2010, 05:22 PM
I run Champion 344 (RC9YC) in my G1. Didn't you used to have a supercrew with twins on it?

Chris94L
04-10-2010, 07:34 PM
I used Autolite 764 plugs with Taylor Thundervolt 8.2 wires on mine with pretty results. Also an MSD cap&rotor.

WA 2 FST
04-11-2010, 10:39 PM
Henry,

Good to see you here. Brother, we are getting old. Our boys are driving now. Mine just bought my Gen 2 from me. Take care!

WA 2 FST
04-11-2010, 10:41 PM
In my old G1, I ran AWSF 32C Motorcraft plugs. These are the standard plugs for GT-40 iron heads, which the G1s have. I think the Autolites Chris recommends are identical.

Boosted32v
04-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Henry,

Good to see you here. Brother, we are getting old. Our boys are driving now. Mine just bought my Gen 2 from me. Take care!
Hey good to see you too Wes, yeah its kind of hard to belive our sons are driving. The only reason I didnt buy mine a gen 2 was the gas milage. My 02 was real bad and when I modded it it was worse, lol! This should be a good first truck for him. It wasnt taken very good care of, but we have already started with the basics. I went ahead and ordered a tune-up kit from Summit, FMS 9mm blue wires, NGK plugs, blue cap & rotor and blue wire looms, all for $105.00 shipped to the door. I also ordered a few misc parts form a guy at NLOC, HL's, taillights, fog lights/brackets, fr. springs, rear shocks. I'm going to be buying a new fr. spoiler from Cervinis, roll pan from Mar K and some tires and he should be good to go.
The interior is in good condition, needs a headliner and a CD player, i'm not sure the am/fm cassette player is going to cut it for him. :icon_lol:

WA 2 FST
04-13-2010, 12:33 PM
That's very cool, Henry. I enjoyed my Gen 1 a lot. They are easy to work on, too.

I was going to sell my Gen 2 and get a bigger truck, but my son had $9k saved up and, even though he was only 14 at the time, so I decided to store it for him. Now he has his permit, so its out of storage and he's driving it.

Chris94L
04-13-2010, 05:40 PM
I dunno if you would want used or not, but I have a fiberglass roll pan and a front valance from a red 95 L around the house. Still have some pieces from the truck I parted out a few months ago.

Boosted32v
04-14-2010, 11:59 AM
I dunno if you would want used or not, but I have a fiberglass roll pan and a front valance from a red 95 L around the house. Still have some pieces from the truck I parted out a few months ago.
Well if the price is right, i'll take both, lol! Let me know Chris what else you have, I'll send you a PM too.

Boosted32v
04-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Did you ever find those parts? (lower front valance&rear roll pan) I actually have a friend that is buying a 94 lightning next weekend and we are swapping my rear bumper for his roll pan so I really just need the front valance. If you would just let me know if you still have it, the rest of the parts I ordered are coming this week and I want to finish painting and completing the truck. Let me know if you want to sell it to me or if I need to go in another direction, thanks Henry

Tried to PM you but your PM box is full

Shiner1
04-29-2010, 05:34 PM
What parts do you have left over Chris?