PDA

View Full Version : Best place to get my 03 L rims chrome plated?

TXLIGHTNING
05-14-2010, 05:30 PM
I thinking about having my 03 L rims chrome plated. Where is the best place to get this done? Thanks in advance guys :beer:

zforce77
05-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Let me know too :tu:

TXLIGHTNING
05-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Anyone on here ever had rims chrome plated, or anything chrome plated?

In2deep
05-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Shipping of to California is the only method i know, here in Texas it is illegal from what i was told to have the chemicals to do it.

TXLIGHTNING
05-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Shipping of to California is the only method i know, here in Texas it is illegal from what i was told to have the chemicals to do it. Really...Hmm. Never heard of that before. We had a chrome plating shop here in Longview, but they went out of business a few months ago. May just go with a powder coat.

Shiner1
05-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Try here, www.wheeltechnologies.com (http://www.wheeltechnologies.com)

I have never used them but know a guy who did and he had good results.

In2deep
05-17-2010, 02:31 PM
Wheel technology Dallas wheel repair discount all ship out to Cali

TXLIGHTNING
05-17-2010, 04:05 PM
Wheel technology Dallas wheel repair discount all ship out to Cali Yep, they do. I talked to them and it not illegal to do it in TX. They just ship to Cali because its cheaper for them to do it that way :icon_eek:

dboat
05-17-2010, 04:10 PM
Yep, they do. I talked to them and it not illegal to do it in TX. They just ship to Cali because its cheaper for them to do it that way :icon_eek:

If you are willing to ship then there are a couple of real good places, in Penn and Tenn.. but then it becomes a whole nother type of project ..

Dana

04 RedApple
05-19-2010, 10:29 AM
The place in Houston were I had mine done also ships them out to California.

TXLIGHTNING
05-19-2010, 12:19 PM
The place in Houston were I had mine done also ships them out to California. Yeah, they ship all of their wheels to Cali because it cheaper for them to do it that way. They don't need to buy all of the chemicals and machinery to strip and prep the wheels.

Chewby
05-21-2010, 08:23 PM
There's a place in Gainesville, North Texas Quality Chrome, we used them when I worked at a custom paint shop, they do nickel and chrome, nickel looks better because it has a natural blue color instead of chromes yellow color, they do amazing work. If you make an appointment it shouldn't take more than a week. I would go with nickel because it's a lot brighter than chrome and doesn't scratch as easy. Plus, chrome from Texas shops can tend to be very yellow, it's not the chromers fault but there is something about the air in Texas that mixes and makes it have a yellow tint, this does not happen in California which is another big factor with a lot of people just shipping the wheels to California is that the chrome from there just looks better. Which is another good reason to go with nickel.