PDA

View Full Version : We lost a member today

In2deep
05-28-2010, 11:37 PM
As reported on Lightning rodder, it shows Chris lived in Mckinney Texas and i remember him posting about his Dsg Lightning he bought
Everyone,

Today it was reported that we lost a fellow enthusiast, a friend, and most of all a family member of LightningRodder.com.

Chris Vanderschot, a proud supporting vendor of ours from Credit2NV.com has passed away this evening.

Brother Chris suffered some unknown complications recently that led him being hospitalized and it was later found through some tests that he had suffered severe brain damage and was put on life support. To my knowledge it was said that any chance for a recovery was not possible and life support was terminated earlier this evening.

This is truly horrible news and my heart and deepest condolences go out to Chris's family as well as his fiancee.

I am shocked because I just spoke to Chris several days ago via landline and we were shooting the breeze about 03 Cobras, Lightnings among other things. He was truly a "I'll give you the shirt off my back" kind of person as he was a very kind, helpful, and thoughtful person, I am lucky to have become his friend outside of the site and I will miss Chris dearly.

I ask that all us of please unite and give our deepest condolences to Chris's family and fiancee for a loss of such a good guy and a great friend and fellow enthusiast.

Chris, I will miss you, we will miss you and thank you for blessing us with the opportunity of knowing you...

-Chris

(more info about this tragedy can be found here:
http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum...ewpost&t=42710 (http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=42710) )

mikelemoine
05-29-2010, 01:18 AM
So sorry to hear that. Please pass our condolences to his family.

98Cobra
05-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Wow - Seems like not that long ago he was here asking all those questions.

Sad to hear. :(

99WhiteBeast
05-29-2010, 10:13 AM
He was at the LR GTG at Bonedaddy's in Arlington last October. I think he had his son with him. Nice guy- sad.

Any word on arrangements?

nacklas
05-30-2010, 10:40 AM
So sad, Prayers go out to him and his family.

99WhiteBeast
05-30-2010, 11:50 AM
Any word on arrangements?

Hear are the details
We are having a memorial for chris on Wednesday June 2nd at 2pm at the first baptist church in van alstyne Texas.

ZeusSVT
05-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Man that is tragic news. He bought a ton of stuff from me after I sold my truck, so I have been up to his house several times and met up with him at the local sonic in Mckinney a couple times to check out the stangs he had. He was a true ford enthusiast. RIP Buddy. :beer: