PDA

View Full Version : Dont believe the Security company when they say the Cameras didnt capture the thieves

Silver_2000
06-18-2010, 10:59 AM
A long time customer called me for help with an employee change - email setup etc
While I was there they mentioned that they had a break in weeks back but the Cameras were broke and got no images of the thieves. " it hasnt worked since march and they blamed it on firefox"

Long story short I figured out how to login to the Camera DVR and noticed that the server DATE was set to march 30. So what that means is the security company support idiot that was focused on the browser issue missed the fact that the date on the DVR was wrong so it WAS recording - it was just date stamping everything wrong ...

We were able to count backwards by day and find the tape of 3 masked men breaking a window and stealing a Plasma and a radio and a purse .. they were in and out in 75 seconds. Thanks to the alarm. Im still amazed they were able to get the TV off the wall in under a minute. We also have tape of the vehicle they were in BUT not right angle for a plate ...

Well see if the police are interested...

Moral of the story is DONT give up ...

Moonshine
06-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Maybe you should add technical security consulting to the list of services offered by BossHelp. :tu: