PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Mustang V6

Moonshine
06-30-2010, 07:37 PM
I recently read an article talking about how great the 2011 Mustang V6 is compared to the 2010. Good lord, I should hope so. I just got back from a vacation to California. Flew in to LAX, motored up the PCH to San Francisco, and flew back from there. Rented a 2010 V6 Mustang convertible, which was apparently THE SoCal rental car. Saw literally hundreds of them. What a POS. It very much reminded me of a '78 Mustang II that a long ago GF had. The motor was slightly less smooth than most John Deere tractors, definitely made less power, and sounded like a garden tiller with a fart can on it. And cowl shake, OMG, I haven't seen such cowl shake since the '76 Triumph Spitfire. Actually, the Mustang was worse than the Spitfire. But, on a brighter note, the wind noise with the top up was awful, the back seat might be usable by a midget (if you sawed his legs off at the hip), and the trunk could hold, well nothing. But otherwise, it was a really spiffy car. I hope I didn't offend anyone who might own one, but I was shocked at how poorly the car was designed.

Also noted that THE car in Calif was any series BMW, followed distantly by Porches. Saw two Ferrari's, which equaled the number Corvettes, but VW microbuses are still alive and being driven by gray haired hippies. There are still Obama '08 stickers on the planet. No L's, very few musclecars, but tons of rental Class C motorhomes, and quite a few Range Rovers.

Interesting place. Unlike America, but interesting nonetheless.

Silver_2000
06-30-2010, 08:07 PM
interesting place. unlike america, but interesting nonetheless.

lol

Shiner1
07-01-2010, 08:39 AM
I can't answer to the Mustang review but having been in San Diego not too long ago I can fully concur with your review of Cailfornia. Although I do like San Diego and if I were going to live anywhere but Texas it would be in SD. But you are spot on, It's a whole different world out there. :rll:

Sixpipes
07-01-2010, 08:53 AM
I recently read an article talking about how great the 2011 Mustang V6 is compared to the 2010. Good lord, I should hope so. I just got back from a vacation to California. Flew in to LAX, motored up the PCH to San Francisco, and flew back from there. Rented a 2010 V6 Mustang convertible, which was apparently THE SoCal rental car. Saw literally hundreds of them. What a POS. It very much reminded me of a '78 Mustang II that a long ago GF had. The motor was slightly less smooth than most John Deere tractors, definitely made less power, and sounded like a garden tiller with a fart can on it. And cowl shake, OMG, I haven't seen such cowl shake since the '76 Triumph Spitfire. Actually, the Mustang was worse than the Spitfire. But, on a brighter note, the wind noise with the top up was awful, the back seat might be usable by a midget (if you sawed his legs off at the hip), and the trunk could hold, well nothing. But otherwise, it was a really spiffy car. I hope I didn't offend anyone who might own one, but I was shocked at how poorly the car was designed.

Also noted that THE car in Calif was any series BMW, followed distantly by Porches. Saw two Ferrari's, which equaled the number Corvettes, but VW microbuses are still alive and being driven by gray haired hippies. There are still Obama '08 stickers on the planet. No L's, very few musclecars, but tons of rental Class C motorhomes, and quite a few Range Rovers.

Interesting place. Unlike America, but interesting nonetheless.

Nice review of the 2010 Mustang. :D I'm not sure, but if you sawed a midget off at the hips I don't think he would take up any less room in the back seat than you or I, but I guess we will never know.

I consider California another country; one which I would not care to spend much more than a couple of weeks at a time in. I've never seen a place where the Toyota Prius was more prevalent. :cool:

Moonshine
07-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I've never seen a place where the Toyota Prius was more prevalent. :cool:

Seattle. Although I did see a lot of Prius', Priuses, Prii?????, whatever, in California it was nothing like the number of them that I saw in Seattle. I'd say that the Prius is THE official car of Seattle.

99WhiteBeast
07-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Classic Brian- I think you have a future as a Car and Driver editor

Sixpipes
07-03-2010, 01:08 PM
This from JD Powers....

"Among American manufacturers, Ford (http://autos.yahoo.com/ford/) performed particularly well in 2010: Twelve of the company's cars ranked within the top three in their segments, more than any other car company. And the $22,145 Mustang (http://autos.yahoo.com/2011_ford_mustang/) coupe, $25,170 Taurus (http://autos.yahoo.com/2010_ford_taurus/) sedan, and $16,290 Focus (http://autos.yahoo.com/2010_ford_focus/) compact car all make our list of the year's highest-quality cars."

Nothing about saw-off midgets. :D

Moonshine
07-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Yeah, but how tall is JD Powers? :rolleyes: