PDA

View Full Version : I am BACK! Maybe.

devildog92
07-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Hey Guys:

Long time since I have been on the boards...A couple of you may remember me. I had a 02 TB and sold it in '05. I have UNFORTUNATELY been out-of-state for a few years with work but just made it back to New Braunfels TX to work the San Antonio area.

Last time I had a L Terry Cole tricked it out just AWESOMELY. Is he still around on the boards? I am fixin' to buy another Lightning on Tuesday (hopefully everything will go as-planned with the seller tonight) so I will need his assistance if he's still doing that type of work (if not, I'd like to know who can do reputable work). I'm willing to take input if he's not on here any longer or there is another QUALITY shop I can trust.

I hope this works out...Can not wait!

Glad to see everyone again. Thanks for the help!

Dan Slaten

Shiner1
07-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Welcome back Dan. :beer:

Moonshine
07-04-2010, 10:37 AM
And not only is Terry still around, but he's fixing to move to San Antonio.

devildog92
07-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Thanks guys...spoke to Terry and now all I need is a truck. ;-)

I'm not seeing a ton of Ls around anymore...that is a shame.

devildog92
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
GOT THE TRUCK! I am now a 'member' of the club again! I can not wait to let 'T' work his magic...plans are already in the works.

Shiner1
07-07-2010, 09:03 AM
That's good news. Lets see some pics!!

devildog92
07-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Here are a few...more to follow. 100% completely STOCK, minus the K&N in the airbox:

svtroky
07-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Lookd good.

What are your plans to do to her.

dboat
07-07-2010, 10:23 AM
It looks really clean.. give us more details, mileage, modding plans, etc etc..

Dana

Shiner1
07-07-2010, 11:23 AM
it looks really clean.. Give us more details, mileage, modding plans, etc etc..

Dana

+1

devildog92
07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
It looks really clean.. give us more details, mileage, modding plans, etc etc..

Dana

OK folks, here it is...

This truck is IMMACULATE. I MEAN IT. Not a dent, scratch, nothing that woudl represent abuse of ANY kind. The gent would buff this car for hours...I thought he had BS'd me about the care of the car but decided the 4/5 hour drive was worth the look anyway due to the trucks low mileage, but upon arrival to his home I found otherwise. He is extremely meticulous with his yard, home, the manner to which he placed items on his shelves, his record-keeping, etc. He had all the documents to the truck laminated for preservation. Its an black '02 with 31,046 (when I bought it)...put a few on it on the drive back home from Flower Mound to New Braunfels. One would have to look VERY hard not to see this is a used vehicle...one of the only discrepancies to illustrate it being a used truck was the lack of new-car smell, but thats about it.

I am a Marine, Cop, etc and have seen attention-to-detail before, but this gent HAD TO had been in the military, I mean the retentiveness was incredible. He is an EXTREMELY nice guy, even pulled the truck off ebay when I said I was coming up. Had guys offer him more prior to my arrival up there but told them the truck was already sold (he could be BS'ing me, but the other conversations we had, some I won't go into, tell me his is a truth-telling, honorable gent). Kind of guy I could call friend...He's had almost as many Mustangs as I have had...a rarity to say the least. The guy keeps everything stock, again a rarity to those who love speed.

Plans...Well, I want to keep it streetable and emissions-compliant. For now a 4lb'er, conical, tune, bypass, shift kit and pan are a must. I will, down the road, go for a built 5.4 and larger, more efficient blower, but I have been out of the L game so long I have to find out what the up-to-date tech provides (last I was in this the KB had just come out, a 1.6 unit I think).

I am extremely excited...have searched for a Terminator for months (since I have never had one; during the last four years I had a Lingenfelter Vette, great/fast car, but gosh did it need work every two minutes...not good with only 34k miles on a decade-old car) and kept finding VERY abused cars, even cars with less than 30k miles but done at 1/4 mile at a time. Decided to look for a L instead because of the versatility, my previous love/infatuation with them and the room/comfort factor, and within a week found this cherry.

It was meant to be. I hardly see L's around much, I guess most have sold theirs or passed the concept to the history books...me, I like the 'old ways'. I love to keep the enviro-wackos guessing :-) Hey, I can do that, its not like this is California.

Shiner1
07-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Nice find!!:tu:

dboat
07-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Nice find!!:tu:

absolutely,

Congratulations!!

Dana

01 bolt
07-07-2010, 07:37 PM
dang terry is moving to san antonio???? how soon? when i get my whipple ordered and installed i was hoping he could tune my truck!

devildog92
07-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Oh NO!!! Daddy just placed his first order! Time to eat some Gov't Motors products.