PDA

View Full Version : Got rear ended on the way to work......In the L.

BradOcean
07-06-2010, 02:47 PM
I was stopped in traffic on the exit ramp and a guy came off the ramp and pushed the Jeep behind me into my driver side rear bumper. As far as i can tell the damage is: driver side wheel well is bent, driver side of bed had been pushed together, tail gate is bent, bumper is destroyed, and the bed kissed the back of the cab enough to scratch the paint off. Anyone got any insights on what kind on hell i am in for dealing with the repair shops?

BradOcean
07-06-2010, 02:58 PM
The bed being bent is what worries me the most.:(

Sixpipes
07-06-2010, 03:30 PM
I was stopped in traffic on the exit ramp and a guy came off the ramp and pushed the Jeep behind me into my driver side rear bumper. As far as i can tell the damage is: driver side wheel well is bent, driver side of bed had been pushed together, tail gate is bent, bumper is destroyed, and the bed kissed the back of the cab enough to scratch the paint off. Anyone got any insights on what kind on hell i am in for dealing with the repair shops?

I have a complete set up from the bed to the bumper for sale. $1K is probably less than 50% of what your insurance company will have to pay for replacement parts. :)

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18104

BradOcean
07-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Well my insurance company shouldnt have to pay for anything. The guy who started the chain reaction, his insurance company, should be paying for the repairs.

Sixpipes
07-06-2010, 03:36 PM
True that...but if they write you a check for the damages, keep me in mind. :cool:

BradOcean
07-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I will keep that in mind, what color is it?

Shiner1
07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Sorry to hear that Brett. Hope everything works out for you.

Sixpipes
07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
I will keep that in mind, what color is it?

Black...would be an interesting looking truck for sure.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/mh4.JPG

dboat
07-06-2010, 03:58 PM
sent you a PM on the bumper.

Dana

Sixpipes
07-06-2010, 04:22 PM
sent you a PM on the bumper.

Dana

Sorry, I have several inquiries on the bumper and missed yours I guess. PM sent.

BradOcean
07-22-2010, 06:28 PM
Just picked up the L from the body shop.:banana: Ive been driving a 2010 Malibu rental for 9 days now and it was starting to wear on me. The guys at Caliber did an amazing job on the paint and body work, if i wasnt there when i got hit i wouldnt believe it. I am very happy with the job they did, and their customer service at that location was amazing. Thats something that you dont see often anymore. Anyways its good to have the truck back:tu:.......

Shiner1
07-22-2010, 07:35 PM
:tu:

Sixpipes
07-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Good shops are hard to come by. Glad things worked out. :cool:

dboat
07-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Good shops are hard to come by. Glad things worked out. :cool:

Dennis, what shop did your paint job?

Dana

dboat
07-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Just picked up the L from the body shop.:banana: Ive been driving a 2010 Malibu rental for 9 days now and it was starting to wear on me. The guys at Caliber did an amazing job on the paint and body work, if i wasnt there when i got hit i wouldnt believe it. I am very happy with the job they did, and their customer service at that location was amazing. Thats something that you dont see often anymore. Anyways its good to have the truck back:tu:.......

Brad, that is fantastic.. do you have some before and after pics to share?

Dana

Sixpipes
07-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Dennis, what shop did your paint job?

Dana

Action Collision in Little Elm (FM 720 West).

BradOcean
07-24-2010, 03:31 AM
Brad, that is fantastic.. do you have some before and after pics to share?

Dana

Yea the body shop took before and after photos and gave them to me in a packet with the list of parts used and repairs done. I should be able to scan them when i get back to work and post them. The cost of the repairs totaled 4787.00 :eek:

Beaudee
07-27-2010, 12:21 AM
Your trailor hitch fitting is priceless on the Lightning.A good drop hitch turned upside down is priceless.:D http://www.mooretruckaccessories.com/mooretruckaccessories/images/NewAdjustDropMount_lg.jpg :evil

BradOcean
07-27-2010, 01:14 AM
Yea ive got a giant hitch on there right now, it actually belongs to a friend. We used it to tow a car hauler one time and the lock for the hitch broke and wont come off and its been on there ever since. That thing is a beast.:D