PDA

View Full Version : BBVA Compass Bank

dboat
07-15-2010, 11:15 AM
It takes a LOT for me to get worked up enough to bash it on a site. However, BBVA Compass Bank has pushed me to the edge and beyond. When we first lived in Dallas in 1998, we banked with, what was then Compass Bank, and had a very good experience with them. Granted, I am pretty low maintenance as I have just a couple of accounts. However, after moving back and re-opening my account with them. I was insulted by a customer service person over the phone which led me to subsequently move my accounts to another bank. Since then, BBVA C Bank's automated system has charged my closed account on at least 2 if not 3 occasions with fee(s) which then generates a call to my cellphone telling me that I have an issue with my account. Being the good person that I am, I have patiently called and supposedly gotten this resolved, only to have it happen again and again. :flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming:

So, my advice to you is to stay away. FAR AWAY, since this is an institution that just can not seem to get its act together.. :nono::nono:

Oh, one my say to just ignore the calls, but with my luck somehow it would show up on my credit report..

Dana

liteitup
07-15-2010, 03:57 PM
So far, I have had the exact opposite experience. I was w/Guaranty for years before they were taken over by BBVA. But I make it a point to do enough banking in person that they know me when they see me walk in. Any problems I can't resolve online, I go to "my" branch and it's usually taken care of on the spot. Personal banking works both ways.....it helps to be a face and not just a number.

Of course, I'm in Waco where life is a little simpler:icon_wink:......we ain't coming out!

L8 APEX
07-15-2010, 04:04 PM
Banks on my shit list are:
Capital One:flaming::flaming::flaming:
Bank One/Chase:flaming:
Bank of the West:flaming:
IndyMac Bank:flaming::flaming:

Banks in my good graces are:
Bank of America:tu::tu:
USAA:tu:

dboat
07-15-2010, 04:24 PM
So far, I have had the exact opposite experience. I was w/Guaranty for years before they were taken over by BBVA. But I make it a point to do enough banking in person that they know me when they see me walk in. Any problems I can't resolve online, I go to "my" branch and it's usually taken care of on the spot. Personal banking works both ways.....it helps to be a face and not just a number.

Of course, I'm in Waco where life is a little simpler:icon_wink:......we ain't coming out!

They were always nice in person.. it was over the phone with Customer Service and now this account issue that put me over top with them.

SILVER2000SVT
07-15-2010, 04:35 PM
I really like Frost bank (based in TX). They don't have all the signup bonus and fluffy benefits like the monster size national banks to sucker in new customers. Just straight forward honest business, at least from my experience. Any problems I ever had with them were taken care of on the first phone call without a fight.

Bank of America on the other hand, I can't count the times I've been in a cursing match with their representatives. I will say they typically come through in the end with enough persistance on my part.

I tried WAMU (now Chase) for a refinance one time and they tried to screw me so bad that it took letters to the board of directors to get the problem fixed.

Moonshine
07-15-2010, 08:43 PM
USAA:tu:

+10. Been doing business with USAA (insurance/car loans/banking) for 20+ years and never had a bad experience.

WaMu :nono::nono:

99WhiteBeast
07-16-2010, 09:13 AM
I tend to lean towards the smaller banks and credit unions. I've had nothing but great experience with Texas Trust formally Vought. I think they are only local to the southern mid cities- Arlington, GP, Mansfield, Cedar Hill.

Personal touches, good rates and benefits:tu:

I despise the big three BOA, CHASE, and CITI:throw:

Silver_2000
07-16-2010, 08:49 PM
Ive banked at BofA for years - since they were Nations Bank

I get aggravated some times but most of the problem is that they are hiring people with no skills and no experience and the lack of customer service comes with the job. I heard on the radio they were going to offer a no fee account (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/07/15/1563396/bofa-plan-no-paper-no-teller-no.html) so long as you dont want paper statements and dont want to talk to a human
Wamu is the WORST Ive seen recently - good riddance
Chase bought them and Chase is rediculously anti customer. Cashing a check at a Chase branch is like talking to the pope, and it takes almost as long and costs more. Non account holders cant cash a check at the teller. - you have to go talk to a "Banker" for the hard sell on opening a Chase account. I have an idea - FIRE the banker and with the savings get rid of the check cashing fee.

zforce77
07-16-2010, 09:01 PM
My home loan is with local Colonial Savings and they have been great. They don't sell home loans like most of the other banks. I also am pleased with Bank of America which I have a few accounts and loans with.