PDA

View Full Version : more bad news

microsuck
02-13-2003, 08:14 PM
Well, the progressive claims adjuster looket at my truck today...... and the frame is bent.:mad: I first knew something was wrong because i noticed a squeaking sound coming from the cab and the bed touching. I showed this to him and he looked under it. there is a bend in the frame where the trailer hitch bolts to the frame. when the hitch got hit it bent the frame down in the back. they will bend it back..... but still dissapointing:crying:
Andrew

devildog92
02-13-2003, 08:24 PM
I would look into that sucker. Most P&C co's will total a vehicle with a bent frame, at least that is my experience. I would much rather have them total it and you get a new one than have them 'rebend' it, then you go to sell it later for an 04 and when they pull a carfax and find out it had a bent frame and you 'get bent'.

microsuck
02-13-2003, 08:57 PM
it really isnt bad though. it is only on the rearmost part of the truck. right where the hitch bolts on. Thanks for the heads up though. But I am pretty sure there is no way I could convince them to total it. I didnt even notice it was bent! That is true about carfax. I looked up my last truck and found out it had been flipped over onto its roof on the freeway. The seller never told me! Jerk. they said it was only $2,600 worth of damage. Far from totaling a $28,000 truck. Darn, I could use one of those new lightnings!:D
Andrew

cpeapea
02-15-2003, 02:47 AM
buy another lightning and use it as your daily driver, then you could race the other one!

microsuck
02-15-2003, 11:26 AM
yeah, sure I will do that today.:tu:
yeah right, unless you know anyone who had a L for sale for $264.47. The sum of my cash.
Andrew

jmlay
02-17-2003, 12:10 AM
The damage in a "single" accident has to be over a specific amout be fore it has to be reported, $3000.00 I think. So it could be in several different fender benders an know one would know.

When I pulled a CarFax on my GT it never showed up, same for my last F150, it had $2400.00 in damage in a single accident.

Mike