PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen these intercoolers?

tiffo60
08-25-2010, 03:53 PM
If I am reposting this go easy on me, but I came across this and thought some of you would be interested especially those of yall running 15+psi on your blowers. Seems like a great piece and I wish they would have been out back when I had my KB L...

Plus the company is somewhat local(wichita falls)

http://www.trickperformanceproducts.com/lightning.htm

Sixpipes
08-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Would be afraid to use their products based on website grammar. :icon_mrgreen:

tucamote
08-25-2010, 06:00 PM
I saw some test done with those and some guys claim they run about 5degrees above outside temp with those I dont know I might have to get one and check it out.

svtroky
08-25-2010, 10:42 PM
there is alot of data on Lrodder about this i mite get one if i ever go back to a KB this for sure will help get this Texas temps down.

tiffo60
08-25-2010, 10:55 PM

The company is actually pretty reputable company. They made a name for themselves by there quality turbo kits in the gm community :tu:

mikelemoine
08-27-2010, 06:51 PM

http://a359.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/80/l_bb05204053e79156de281ea2295b77ae.jpg

Mark #2
08-27-2010, 07:30 PM
Kind of interesting that they put their solution last on the list of things to do:

* Larger intercooler, this increases the surface area and water area with in the intercooler.
* Larger heat exchanger. Allows for a larger amount of absorbed heat to be removed prior to going back through the system.
* Higher volume pump. Moves a higher volume of water through the intercooler.
* Larger water tank. More volume takes longer to heat up.
* Adding ice. This gets the water as cold as possible.
* Larger hoses, increase amount of water flow. Usually added when going to a larger pump
*TrickPerformanceProducts single pass intercooler. More cooling channels, larger water channels, larger water inlet and outlets, fully aluminum construction

and isn't the stock one fully Al?