PDA

View Full Version : Transmission or Computer??????????

bluelightningryan
09-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Ok I was driving and then first and second gear went out on my 04. I still had 3rd and reverse. The AC stoped working and the overdrive light started blinking. but i just figured out that the trans was going out i had it rebuilt because for the last year it shifts diffrent than the whole four years i had it. So i get the tranny back I clear 3 codes then as soon as i start the truck codes immediately come back on. I had someone with another computer scanner come clear the codes said that the computer will not even communicate. The transmission Tech said that there was nothing in the tranny that should have faild, no metel in the pan all they did was replace some clutches and a shift pack.

just need some help trying to figure this stuff out:confused:

dboat
09-06-2010, 10:11 AM
you cleared out the codes, but what were they?

Dana

liteitup
09-06-2010, 12:20 PM
sounds like what happens when the rear o2 sensor wires burn/short out against headers

Silver_2000
09-06-2010, 01:46 PM
sounds like what happens when the rear o2 sensor wires burn/short out against headers
yep - that does sound familiar

bluelightningryan
09-06-2010, 03:22 PM
all the wires are tied away from the headers. The codes were torque converter clutch circuit, the shift solenoid circuit A and B, AC short circuit, lean bank 1 and 2:icon_confused:

tucamote
09-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Mine had same codes and it was because I burnt some wire and blew a fuse the one for pcm

Mark #2
09-07-2010, 06:58 PM
all the wires are tied away from the headers. The codes were torque converter clutch circuit, the shift solenoid circuit A and B, AC short circuit, lean bank 1 and 2:icon_confused:
Have you checked the harness in the right front wheel well behind the inner fender liner?
You may have to remove the liner to fully check it.

L8 APEX
09-07-2010, 08:47 PM
There is a 15 amp fuse in the front of the under hood fuse box that causes similar issues. Usually from shorted 02 or melted harness. If not fixed the tranny will burn up driving around in 3rd from a stop.

Silver_2000
09-07-2010, 09:07 PM
L8 Apex :bows:bows

tiffo60
09-09-2010, 04:23 PM
There is a 15 amp fuse in the front of the under hood fuse box that causes similar issues. Usually from shorted 02 or melted harness. If not fixed the tranny will burn up driving around in 3rd from a stop.

Been there done that

Mine had same codes and it was because I burnt some wire and blew a fuse the one for pcm

and it was in this truck.............

what caused mine was the heat shield was cutting thru one of the O2 wires after the Longtube install. Took a handfull of fuses just to get me out to duncanville for Terry to figure it out....

bluelightningryan
09-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Well i think i got it i hope I changed the computer and now i have no codes or pending codes and the overdrive lite is now off and i can turn it on and off but looks like I still need to flash the computer to the truck because not reconizing the transponder keys:icon_confused: