PDA

View Full Version : Harley running rough

toddwarren
09-09-2010, 02:31 PM
The "War Horse" '02 Harley is really running rough even at mild acceleration!
It starts and drives fine unless you try and pick the RPMs up quickly then it feels like the front tires are horribly out of balance. They arent!

I have had this run weird on 2 other occasions, Terry fixed these problems when it occured.
#1. Inner cooler was not working so he rebuilt it.
#2. Water got in a coil pack and it ran awful.

I have not washed the engine.
This truck has 113K Kenne Bell 60 lb injectors, maf, Terry tune.

Need help in Plano!:bows

tiffo60
09-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Pull the plugs and see what they look like, I would start with the back plug on the passenger side....

jmlay
09-09-2010, 06:02 PM
Plugs & coils are the first things that come to mind, as stated above. If you have a scanner or can limp to one of the chain I bet you see misfires on multiple cylinders. From there you will need to determine if it is a coil pack of plug.

Mike

toddwarren
09-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Thank you gentlemen:tu:

L8 APEX
09-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Did you drive through the pouring rain? If not moisture then maybe a burned plug or weak coil pack. If you can make it miss under slight power braking you can pulg/unplug each coil one by one to find the dead hole.

toddwarren
09-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Ah Terry good to hear from you! Of course I had the Harley out in the pouring rain it is my daily driver.
I was so disgusted this morning I took it to the Dealership to find the problem.
The advisor called me this afternoon and said your truck runs strong and no problem.
Obviously I have a leaky coil pack somewhere I assume it dried out!
Anyway it is home and no major arse corking to fix actually nothing fixed!
I hope San Antonio is going well for you and the lady and dogs!!

Todd