PDA

View Full Version : hook a brotha up with tools?

microsuck
02-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Does anyone have that tool to take off the harmonic ballancer? I believe it is a 14mm hex nut socket. My pulley kit was bought on ebay and had everything but the socket. Will someone let me steal theirs for the weekend? I would be willing to trade some parts for it if you would like. thanks
Andrew

cpeapea
02-15-2003, 05:59 PM
i have an actual hb puller, it works for old skool chebys and frods, i dont see why it wouldnt work on a newer model

lightningconcepts
02-16-2003, 08:10 PM
the 14mm hex is for the spindle for the blower. once that is off you have to take off another bolt then the washer then use a harmonic balancer puller to pop that bad boy off. If you need one i can send you mine to use. let me know.

Will @ Lightning Concepts
www.lightningconceptsinc.com

cpeapea
02-16-2003, 08:41 PM
we actually did a lot of work on his truck yesterday, repplaced his plugs, fixed his chip, and put in the thermostat. we would have put on his pulley but we couldnt find anyone (and i mean ANYONE) that had a 14 mm tool. so if anyone has one could we please barrow it for next weekend?

jmlay
02-16-2003, 11:46 PM
I assume that you are talking about the allen socket to remove the pulley. Is this correct???

They can be had at Autozone for less than $20.If you can't find one closer let me know and you can use mine.

Mike

microsuck
02-16-2003, 11:56 PM
I tried EVERY auto parts store in richardson and irving with no luck. Yeah, thats the right tool. I appreciate you letting me borrow it. Did you get yours at auto zone?
andrew

cpeapea
02-16-2003, 11:56 PM
you have no idea what we went through to try and get that dang part, nobody had it and i mean NOBODY ask andrew, sears, pepboys, autozone, homedepot, no one had one near big enough. sears had a 12mm and a 17mm but nothing in between WTF? anyways ill try to get one between now and next weekend, if not we just may be making a trip to your house

jmlay
02-17-2003, 12:05 AM
No problem.

I live in The Colony and work in Richardson. When and where can we hook-up? Kids have soccer on Tue.

Mike

microsuck
02-17-2003, 12:07 AM
I live in richardson off 75 and cambel. Is this on your way?
Thanks
Andrew

jmlay
02-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Check your e-mail.

ken cryder
02-19-2003, 10:02 PM
did you ever get a socket i know i have one just put a pulley on mikes truck last night . him and his room mate came over , a couple of real nice guys . let me know if you need help .

ken:nana2

microsuck
02-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Yeah, mike from the colony is letting me borrow his this friday.
Thanks bro,
Andrew

ken cryder
02-20-2003, 08:17 AM
make sure he has the tool to hold the fly wheel also or you will not be able to break the bolt on the pulley loose , and you probably know this but the bolt on the pulley is a left handed . clock wise to remove .

they have been working on the track in denton and it is getting closer to being a 1/4 mile .

ken

microsuck
02-20-2003, 09:50 AM
Cool, yeah I have the complete kit from PSP for the pulley. Except the socket. I bought it off of ebay, so thats what I get. You can bet we will be hitting it once its a 1/4!

Andrew:nana2