PDA

View Full Version : HPP Racing in Lewisville?

toddwarren
12-29-2010, 10:19 AM
Does anyone have experience with HPP racing in Lewsiville?
With Terry gone I need to find someone else who can work on my truck I trust.

Thanks!

T Hogg
12-29-2010, 04:00 PM
Does anyone have experience with HPP racing in Lewsiville?
With Terry gone I need to find someone else who can work on my truck I trust.

Thanks!

They did good work on my Cobra, not sure on the L's. A little high and not all that easy to work with. But Manny know his $hit when it comes to Cobras. Also that was about a year ago they may I have new counter guys.
Also try Lone Star they have a new tuner over there, I heard he is petty sharp. They have always took good care of my L, but I did most of my own tuning.

L8 APEX
12-29-2010, 11:15 PM
I would steer towards Lone Star.

mxracerzero
12-29-2010, 11:44 PM
I was very unhappy with lonestar! the owner was a good guy but the rest just aggravated me. HPP is very backed up right now, though this is my first time using them for my mustang.

toddwarren
12-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Thank you for the opinions men!
Terry you should just move back to Big D! :tu:

toddwarren
12-30-2010, 11:13 AM
T Hogg,
Lone Star where?

Thanks
Todd

T Hogg
12-30-2010, 11:49 AM
T Hogg,
Lone Star where?

Thanks
Todd

Lone Star Performance

They have moved to a new location in Addison.

http://lonestarperformance.com/customer/home

HARLEY/SC
12-30-2010, 12:38 PM
How much will they charge for a costume tune?

kirkmears
12-30-2010, 03:17 PM
call'em up and ask...

i've recommended them in the past, but i won't anymore.
thanks for reminding me to go leave some neg feedback for them on that interwebthingy.

Mark #2
12-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Lone Star Performance

They have moved to a new location in Addison.

http://lonestarperformance.com/customer/home

Don't know how many times lone star has changed people and places, but years ago they blew up gen2 Ls all the time.

In2deep
12-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Good place in Mansfield me and 99whitebeast used..

T Hogg
12-30-2010, 10:48 PM
Guess I'll make one more post about LS then leave it alone.

I've been going to LS since I got my truck back in 1998. It's been the only shop that has ever worked on my truck. Maybe thats whats wrong with it. :rll: When I first met Brain (owner) I took him for an ass, but when something wasn't right or didn't like the way it ran. They fixed it. Thats what means the most to me. Standing behind your work.

As far as how many motors LS blew up, not sure about that one. But I can say if you wasn't there went it blew up then you don't know the whole story.

It's going to really hard to find someone that will care for your L as Terry did when he was in the game.

toddwarren
01-02-2011, 02:40 PM
I am just needing plugs changed and check the coil packs. I am easy on the truck except when I leave Cowboy stadium after a loss, so this year I have been hard on it!!! LOL
The tune Terry put on my old Harley after he installed a 2.3 kenne bell 6# lower, 60 lb injectors MAF has made 20K plus miles and my old Harley now has 118K on it. The old heavy Harley still ran a 13.66 quarter in Ennis with street tires with no traction!
That tells me ole Terry Cole did a fine job back in the day.
T Hogg thanks for the input, I am sure all speed shops have some one who has a legitimate complaint about something. Surely plugs and caps cant be tough for any technician.
Happy New Year Talon members!!!

toddwarren
01-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Went to Lone Star right at Keller Springs and Midway by Addison Airport.
The plugs were fried on my truck, it had been along time since Terry put them on! Actually Terry was at Medlins when he did it.
Anyway they got the truck in and out and it is running great again.