PDA

View Full Version : Trusted Ford Dealer?

MachineAddict
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
I walked out for lunch today and apparently somebody wrecked into my tailgate. big dent....which dealership would you trust?

I'm in Addison with a DSG. The dent will give me away.

Shiner1
01-11-2011, 04:43 PM
I have always had good service at Ford Country in Lewisville. I don't take the L there but both my wife and I drive Ford products and both vehicles have been serviced by them.

MachineAddict
01-11-2011, 04:49 PM
or perhaps even a painless dent repair??

SILVER2000SVT
01-11-2011, 05:45 PM
It's a long way to go but Texan Ford Collision Center in South Arlington has an excellent reputation. Had them repaint my front bumper a while back.

WA 2 FST
01-13-2011, 07:15 PM
If paintless dent repair can do it, then go that route. But depending upon where the actual dent is, that may not work.

I have used Bob Tomes Ford in McKinney for several paint jobs. When we had an Expedition, they painted a front Lightning clip that we installed, as well as a rear bumper to give it all a monochromatic look... did a great job. They also painted some '99 L wheels for me back in the day.

MachineAddict
01-13-2011, 08:48 PM
What is the opinion of Collision King? It's close to work and it's approved by State Farm.

The guy that gave me the estimate ($2,200 mind you) loved the L. I asked if it was safe since I've gone through bad crap at body shops and he said "we have 7 series BMW's come in all the time and I'm sure thieves would snatch one of those up before your pickup".....I was about to say that was just rude...but then he followed with "but if it makes you better I'll make sure it's indoors every night we shut down because I really have a special place in my heart for any SVT product." My only issue really is it's much easier to steal amps and decks by crooked employees than it is for anyone to steal a 7 series. I hate that I don't trust anyone, but you can never be too safe anymore.

98Cobra
01-14-2011, 01:59 PM
I had some work done on my GTO at Caliber Collision in Lewisville. Hit a piece of steel belted tire in the road, and it put a nice gash in the front nose of the car, as well as screwing up the ClearBra. They had it good as new in like 2 days. Would recommend!