PDA

View Full Version : questions

shawnd
01-31-2011, 07:21 PM
whats up everyone? im getting ready to replace my stock supercharger with one that makes 12#! i have a 4# lower already and with the supercharger i have on now i make 13#! is it correct to say that i can make about 16-18#? also im guessing i need to replace the mafia? what about fuel injectors 60#? do i even need to do that? what about the coils should i repalce them to? your opinion and direction is greatly appreciated!! thanks shawn

L8 APEX
01-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Is it a ported stock blower? Boost is a factor of pulley sizes not blowers. Or does it have a smaller blower pulley? Stock coils are fine you just want to make sure you have a good spark plug at the correct gap. Most guys run NGK TR6's or iridium IX6's if you like to spend the money. Ga should be 34 thou for that level of boost. Make sure you have a quality custom tune with safe fuel and timing for that boost. I would expect no more than 14 degrees max advance and 11.5-.1:1 aire fuel . The stock MAF will support about 420rwhp or a Kenne Bell at 13psi or Eaton at 16psi. Past that you need a mafia or aftermarket MAF. Injectors are about the same around 450hp they are close to going static. Stock parts are good for a stock blower, once you go to a KB or Whipple you need to improve the fuel system. Word to your mother:cool:

dboat
01-31-2011, 08:16 PM
whats up everyone? im getting ready to replace my stock supercharger with one that makes 12#! i have a 4# lower already and with the supercharger i have on now i make 13#! is it correct to say that i can make about 16-18#? also im guessing i need to replace the mafia? what about fuel injectors 60#? do i even need to do that? what about the coils should i repalce them to? your opinion and direction is greatly appreciated!! thanks shawn

Shawn, what supercharger are you putting on your L? KB, Whipple? you state that your current one makes 13 lbs of boost but your new one makes 12 lbs of boost. Your coils should be fine, I will others comment on your injectors and the mafia.

Dana

shawnd
01-31-2011, 09:45 PM
its a ported eaton blower! it has a stock eaton blower on it now that makes 13# from the tune i have. i put a stage one kit from LFP on a few years ago. i had it dynoed at 412rwhp and 518torque. at least thats what i read! i was guessing that i could make about 16# with this one. what do you think?

Silver_2000
01-31-2011, 10:16 PM
I think that unless the ported blower is REALLY cheap and is pristine you can do better with other mods

shawnd
01-31-2011, 10:21 PM
my supercharger needs the snout rebilt and this one was cheaper than the rebuild.

shawnd
01-31-2011, 10:22 PM
what other mods would you suggest?

Mark #2
01-31-2011, 11:06 PM
High boost Heaton's are not an upgrade, as a replacement OK. No need for coils, pumps, or injectors at ~16 psi.

L8 APEX
02-01-2011, 08:20 AM
Tune and 4-6# pulley is your biggest gain for the dollar 40hp. After that power gets expensive or comes in 2-3hp gains. Long tube headers help with flow usually 15hp. The next step is to get a KB or Whipple for another 50-100hp boost. Electric fans, throttle bodies, intake plenums, heat exchangers, plasma boosters etc are hundreds of bucks each and only net 2-3hp a piece.
Over spinning stock blowers just makes heat, detonation and tears stuff up...