PDA

View Full Version : plasma booster???

Red99Lightning
02-15-2003, 10:41 PM
can anyone post a pic of what these plasma boosters look like? Anyone have them on there ride? how much difference did they make? :confused:

Sixpipes
02-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Red99Lightning
can anyone post a pic of what these plasma boosters look like? Anyone have them on there ride? how much difference did they make? :confused:
Got mine from Lightning Concepts. Was going to install it today, but never got to raise the hood on the truck due to other stuff I had to do today. There are some posts on the F150-online forums that might be of some help. :cool:

Natetrun
02-16-2003, 12:13 AM
it looks like a little box with some wires coming off of it, and some LEDS. i forgot exactly what it does. spark harder, hotter, can't remember. think everyone on f150online has one. kinda interested to see how dependable they are

03LightningRocks
02-16-2003, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by Red99Lightning

I have one installed. Due to the order in which we did my mods, I did not get a dyno of the booster by itself. The main reason I liked it is for the extra protection against spark blow out as I increase my boost. I hope it helps. As far as H.P. improvement, maybe, but not alot. I figure every little gain can help.

WTF, it's only money, you can't take it with you and if you leave too much to your kids, it will spoil them.

Rocks:beer:

lightningconcepts
02-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Because of all the stuff going on about the plasma booster and prices i will not gouge into this thread trying to sell you one. I have never agreed with doing business that way and if someone wants to purchase a product from me they know my number.. I will however answer you question as to how it works and what it does. The plasma booster is about the size of a credit card with 9 wires leading out of it. 1 that goes to each coil (8) and 1 ground wire. The plasma booster basically cleans up the spark of a Coil over plug system optimizing the what the stock OEM coil can do on it's own. The plasma booster creates a Multiple Spark Discharge within 500 micro seconds(yes thats not a typo) of the total spark of about 10 sparks compared to single ionization spark and a long duration of low voltage spark with the stock OEM ignition COP system. The Plasma booster created 11hp and 13ft lbs of torque on a stock lightning at the wheels. The plasma booster is completely bolt on.

Let me know if you have any more questions

Will @ Lightning Concepts
www.lightningconceptsinc.com

Sixpipes get off your azz and install that bad boy:p

SVT F15O
02-19-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
I have one installed. Due to the order in which we did my mods, I did not get a dyno of the booster by itself.
Rocks:beer:

Can't you just go to the dyno.........disconnect the ground wire for the plasma booster. Do a pull or 2. Reconnect the wire then do some more pulls. I think that is what most of the guys are doing. -Mat-

Sixpipes
02-19-2003, 01:14 AM
Sixpipes get off your azz and install that bad boy:p
Uh........OK. This weekend, I promise. Got to get hooked up before FFW Orlando. :cool:

03LightningRocks
02-19-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by SVT F15O
Can't you just go to the dyno.........disconnect the ground wire for the plasma booster. Do a pull or 2. Reconnect the wire then do some more pulls. I think that is what most of the guys are doing. -Mat-

That's not a bad suggestion. I may do that at some point. I have a feeling I won't be impressed...but you never know...LOL.

Rocks:tongue:

Flats Man
02-21-2003, 09:47 AM
Hey Six, Make sure you don't add too much new stuff to Go_riola before the trip out to Florida. I don't want to have to bring a trailer up to Alabama or something! I have purchased mass quantities of Jose Quervo so I have done my part. Cathy wants a rematch with Doug!

devildog92
02-21-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
Uh........OK. This weekend, I promise. Got to get hooked up before FFW Orlando. :cool:

Hey Dennis, wanna get together? I have one I got from Will too. We can install them together..