PDA

View Full Version : 04 truck problem

Mark DeNeault
03-05-2011, 08:20 PM
Been awhile since I posted. As it stands now, I think the engine check light problem may be fixed. Bad Ox sensor, passenger side of truck, upper sensor. The hiccup is still there. They thought the ox sensor might fix both problems, but... no such luck. It still happens just off idle and low throttle. Somebody on this forum mentioned a hiccup that could happen on a one two upshift or two three upshift, don't remember which was suggested. Is there such a thing as this, to cause a hiccup? Need to tell the mechanic if so, and if there is such a thing like this that happens, is this a trans problem or some kind of sensor problem?
Thanks.
Mark.

Sixpipes
03-05-2011, 11:08 PM
In the stock program, four of the cylinders drop out during a WOT throttle shift. Is that what you are referring to? :cool:

Beaudee
03-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Vacume leak.I like the red neck propane trick(that really work?).Mark Did you check the hidden one behind the engine????Id bet money on a vacume leak somewhere.I bet someone has a pick of that vacume line with engine out.Get a mirror and look

L8 APEX
03-07-2011, 01:44 PM
Maybe the load of the A/C compressor kicking in and out. maybe sticky idle air motor?

kirkmears
03-07-2011, 06:22 PM
In the stock program, four of the cylinders drop out during a WOT throttle shift. Is that what you are referring to? :cool:

wow - never knew that, always wondered though :icon_wink:

Mark DeNeault
03-07-2011, 07:32 PM
What I am referring to about the one two or two three shift hiccup is in response to what somebody posted as a possible problem. I just wanted to see if this was a real problem or something that happened to another forum member. Yes, my mechanic did a leak test, and did look at the hose behind the engine, and found absolutely nothing. He thought the same as he has done Fords before. Anyway, no leaks anywhere. I have now driven the truck for 3 days, and no engine check light so far. I think they cured that problem (fingers XXXXX). Is it possible that the TPS does not know what gear the truck is in, and before it figures it out, it creates a hesitation. It never happens under full throttle, usually one going slow or prolonged steady speed. Once I get this solved, the truck is going up for sale. I will probably take what I owe, just to relieve any more out of pocket expenditures. It has been very costly and time consuming. The truck has a little over 58,000 miles on it at the present time.
Thanks for all the help.
Mark.

Sixpipes
03-08-2011, 09:47 AM
wow - never knew that, always wondered though :icon_wink:

It's an oversimplification on my part. :icon_mrgreen: