PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 2011

dboat
03-25-2011, 06:55 PM
Well, after a non start in Bahrain, the season starts this weekend in Australia. Not sure how many F1 fans and followers there are on the board anymore, but I for one, am stoked. I hope this season is as exciting as last year going to the last race of the season for the drivers championship to be decided.

Go Ferrari.. knanaknanaknanaknanaknanaknanaknanaknana:nana2

Dana

Mika
03-26-2011, 11:47 AM
As long as Ferrari doesn't win, I'll be happy.

Mika

dboat
03-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Well, your McLaren friends did pretty well today, lets see if Hamilton can keep his tires from exploding but Button has always been easy on the cars. The Red Bull guys look like they just picked up from where they stopped last year and the are really fast. Alonso will win a few, you know, I know, but will it be enough to be competitive will be the only question. Massa looks to be a head case now.. and MS is starting to really show his age, which is sad.. he was the best driver EVER.

Dana

Mika
03-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Well, your McLaren friends did pretty well today, lets see if Hamilton can keep his tires from exploding but Button has always been easy on the cars. The Red Bull guys look like they just picked up from where they stopped last year and the are really fast. Alonso will win a few, you know, I know, but will it be enough to be competitive will be the only question. Massa looks to be a head case now.. and MS is starting to really show his age, which is sad.. he was the best driver EVER.

Dana

Don't care much for Hamilton(still), mainly due to his ego. Would like to see Button do well, as he seems to be a geuinely good guy. I expect Alonso to win a few, and to be honest I expect him to challenge for WDC. Sad to see Massa dropping, as I liked him more than Alonso(mainly due to Ferrari dropping Kimi for Alonso). Schumi I do feel bad for, but I'm not surprised. He had the best car, the best crew, and I will admit that he knew how to take care of his car damn well(better than anyone I know), but with his backing just about anyone could have won DC's. Ask Mika Salo;).

Mika

dboat
03-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Schumi I do feel bad for, but I'm not surprised. He had the best car, the best crew, and I will admit that he knew how to take care of his car damn well(better than anyone I know), but with his backing just about anyone could have won DC's. Ask Mika Salo;).
Mika

Thats why MS always called it a team sport and it was the team that won and the team that lost.. its my understanding that the team members really liked him since he was initially a mechanic.

Dana

dboat
03-27-2011, 08:13 AM
Nice race.. good to see someone new on the podium..

Dana

dboat
04-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Yes, its marketing material but its well done.. its about a year and a half away. :nana2

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/

Dana

Hopefully, the race in China this weekend will be even closer than Malaysia last weekend.

Mark #2
05-20-2011, 07:08 PM
What do you think about Kimi being in a Nascar truck race tonight?

dboat
05-20-2011, 07:48 PM
What do you think about Kimi being in a Nascar truck race tonight?

Not much.. I did like him as a driver.. but is this a JPM redo? does he have the real desire to win anymore? if he does, it might get me to watch CrashCar otherwise, just not that interested..

Dana

dboat
05-23-2011, 08:00 PM
I saw where he finished 15th in his first outing.. not too shabby.. I also heard where Mika Salo is coming to NASCAR trucks too.. pretty soon all the old retired F1 guys are going to take over .... :evil

Dana

dboat
11-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Kiki R returning to Renault in 2012. Will he be competitive or rusty?

Dana

Mika
12-09-2011, 06:28 AM
He will be rusty for a race or two, and if the car is competitive, he should finish in the top 4 for the season. More motivation to go to Austin next year :).

dboat
12-10-2011, 08:55 PM
He will be rusty for a race or two, and if the car is competitive, he should finish in the top 4 for the season. More motivation to go to Austin next year :).

Yep, plus there will be 6 former DCs racing next year.. wow...

Dana