PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Providers

dboat
04-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, its about time to renew my contract.. at least it looks like rates have come down a little since last year.. I have been with Kinetic since I moved in but is there a real difference in providers?

Dana

L8 APEX
04-19-2011, 10:27 PM
I had one provider go out of business. That cost me about 300 bucks in POLR charges and various fees to get switched. I had best luck with StarTex and Direct energy. I would do the 1 or 2yr plans. I am sure you always meet the 500kw to avoid the $5 monthly fee. Mine always renewed in Feb or March when energy was cheapest. It would go up a few cents through spring to summer. I like San Antonio, one provider one good price...

dboat
04-20-2011, 06:50 AM
I had one provider go out of business. That cost me about 300 bucks in POLR charges and various fees to get switched. I had best luck with StarTex and Direct energy. I would do the 1 or 2yr plans. I am sure you always meet the 500kw to avoid the $5 monthly fee. Mine always renewed in Feb or March when energy was cheapest. It would go up a few cents through spring to summer. I like San Antonio, one provider one good price...

It never crossed my mind that one would go out of business, and then leave you holding the bag..no recourse on the out of pocket expenses either?

Dana

PUMP
04-20-2011, 10:37 AM
Amigo energy had the best rate that I found for a 12-mo comittment.
8.2-cents per kwh
I've been with Amigo for the past year and also for a year two years ago.

Moonshine
04-22-2011, 06:12 PM
My contract was up last Sept, and I ended up going with Cirro for a 2 yr contract at 9.1 cents.