PDA

View Full Version : torque converters

mxracerzero
04-26-2011, 07:33 PM
I have a circle d torque converter and I hate it!

I feel like it killed the fun factor of the truck and I miss the feel of the stock converter. my question is what kind of power and torque is the stock one capable of holding up to? also does anyone have one they no longer want?

Sixpipes
04-26-2011, 08:46 PM
Still have my 99 converter with low miles. Available fo free.....:cool:

mxracerzero
04-26-2011, 08:57 PM
I like that price! any chance you ever come up to the cars and coffee show in plano?

Sixpipes
04-26-2011, 09:39 PM
I like that price! any chance you ever come up to the cars and coffee show in plano?

When is the next one? :cool:

dboat
04-26-2011, 09:51 PM
When is the next one? :cool:

Should be May 7th...

get there early..

Dana

In2deep
04-28-2011, 01:00 AM
I have a 03 converter low mileage i need to get rid of..

SILVER2000SVT
04-28-2011, 08:10 AM
I had the same opinion on the mushy torque converters. I ended up going through 5 different ones before finding one I liked. The circle D was one of the better ones but still not up to my expectations.

When I had my BTS transmission installed Brian and I had a lengthy discussion on my torque converter options. I finally opted to go with a modified 13" superduty torque converter.

Most owners go to a smaller than stock diameter to provide more torque multiplication during a launch at the drag strip, the down side is that smaller equals less efficient and softer feel during street driving. Some are better than others but that rule still applies as a general guideline.

I know I've lost some drag strip performance, but I didn't care. I want the most streetable truck I could get. If I'm cruising around town at 30-40mph I can step on the gas and it goes. I don't have to wait for the torque converter to spool up. It creates a really tight feel.

mxracerzero
04-28-2011, 07:55 PM
and that is exactly how I feel about it I dont want a strip truck only and I like to play on the street (keeping it legal of course)
I really miss the feel of the stock converter. as long as it can handle around 650lbft I will gladly take the stock ones mentioned above.

mxracerzero
05-15-2011, 06:58 PM
sixpipes when can I get that converter from you?

Sixpipes
05-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I am going to be around Dallas all week so just let me know a good afternoon next week and we can hook up somewhere. If you want to PM me your address, I would be happy to drop it off. :cool: