PDA

View Full Version : Gen 1 Help Please

1993_mullet12
06-12-2011, 11:28 AM
so my truck has been acting up on the last month or so. ive had problems with idle. when first starting at cold start nothing happens when i drive around for a while and it gets to opperating temp. and get on it aitlle the dam thing pops aserious high idle and feels like it not in overdrive. and to fix that problem i slap the gas pedal and it drops down a little. but when i make it to a stop light it will try dieing and i have to keep giving it gas so it wont die. i have ve been trowuing money at it left and right going to get codes read. ive gone threw 2 tps sensors and now just replaced my IAC (idle control value) and still its not back to normal.

thats my problem and i was seeing if any of u gen1 or 2 guys have any experience diagnosing something like this . im still new to this truck and i am absolutely stumped on this one. thanks tommy

Flats Man
06-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I am checking on some stuff. I assume that you are still speed density?

1993_mullet12
06-12-2011, 01:55 PM
yes i am. the truck is all stock. just put another tps on this morning. unplugged tps and iac and truck idled great for about 15 or so minutes then died and plugged everything back in and still acted up. any and all help would be great if anyone would be down to help me out one day that be great ill drive the distance for knowledge thanks for the help

mustgofaster
06-12-2011, 04:54 PM
If you get a chance, come on by. I can read the codes & we'll take it from there.

Have you checked the FPR, vac line to it & the vac line to the MAP?

Steve

Flats Man
06-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks Steve, you are a good man. I was also thinking vacuum to the Map sensor but had not thought of the line to the FPR. I have also seen a truck go through 3 TPS switches that were reading proper voltage after the install but went bad afterwards. The other thing is to reset the TPS voltage down to around .90 instead of .99. Good luck and let us know what you find.

mustgofaster
06-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Thanks Steve, you are a good man. I was also thinking vacuum to the Map sensor but had not thought of the line to the FPR. I have also seen a truck go through 3 TPS switches that were reading proper voltage after the install but went bad afterwards. The other thing is to reset the TPS voltage down to around .90 instead of .99. Good luck and let us know what you find.

How's that beast of yours running?

Flats Man
06-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Ole Sixpipes got to drive it while he was out here so it would be good to get his impressions on it. It scares me still and I still haven't put the pedal down for very long. We were talking about your BB imitation on the Tour. They had a contest where folks gave their BB imitations and they weren't even close to yours. I am still trying to find that video. Any idea where it is? lol

99WhiteBeast
06-12-2011, 10:09 PM
8_kvPbSGLoI

This is an altered version I got out of the gallery

Flats Man
06-13-2011, 05:53 AM
Thanks but I am looking for the one where he gets it started and idling! lol

1993_mullet12
06-13-2011, 11:32 AM
thats for the helps guys steve ill give u a call within the next few days and will get to geather and try and figure this thing out.

mustgofaster
06-13-2011, 06:35 PM
The BB impersonation wasn't me... It was the other Steve, 99Whitebeast. I know the exact video you are talking about though. I thought that I saw it in the gallery some time back... I'll have to look for it. Steve, the 408 idle you did is probably the best I've seen!:tu:

Mullet... I should be free most evening after about 6:00. Either that or the weekend, (might be working Sat morning though) whichever works best for you.

Steve

1993_mullet12
06-14-2011, 10:33 AM
well drove the truck yesterday and didnt act up at all going to hot rod it today and see if it acts up if when i drive it like that. maybe it just needed to reset itself idk hoping for the best

Mark #2
06-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Steve, 99Whitebeast. I know the exact video you are talking about though. I thought that I saw it in the gallery some time back... I'll have to look for it. Steve, the 408 idle you did is probably the best I've seen!:tu:

Okay, somebody please find it, I saw it live, what LFest was it SteveO?

tliss
06-14-2011, 06:44 PM
I think that was 2. Thought of that damn video has me on the floor rolling. :rll:

I fukn miss hanging with you guys!:tu:

Think it's time for a reunion.

Tom

Mark #2
06-14-2011, 07:13 PM
I think that was 2. Thought of that damn video has me on the floor rolling. :rll:

I fukn miss hanging with you guys!:tu:

Think it's time for a reunion.

Tom
Okay this is the one I remember, if there is another one I don't recall it.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/12503/title/l-fest04-memories/cat/500

tliss
06-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Okay this is the one I remember, if there is another one I don't recall it.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/12503/title/l-fest04-memories/cat/500

:rll::rll::rll:3.40 into the video. :rll::rll::rll:

I actually fell outta my chair here at work watching that again. Good ol days.

Too bad they couldn't get Rob's version.

Sixpipes
06-15-2011, 10:41 AM
:rll::rll::rll:3.40 into the video. :rll::rll::rll:

I actually fell outta my chair here at work watching that again. Good ol days.

Too bad they couldn't get Rob's version.

Yep...and now we all know Rob has trouble performing under pressure. :D

1993_mullet12
06-19-2011, 12:00 PM
truck is no longer acting up on me i guess it just fixed it self or something

Flats Man
06-19-2011, 01:52 PM
If you got the cheaper version of the TPS switch, it can come and go. Hopefully you are out of the woods but don't count on it. Good luck! Thanks for giving us an update.