PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: 2000' Lightning in a "V6" Vin F150, Thinking Maybe $5500?

0'Lightning
09-22-2011, 09:46 PM
I’m thinking about selling my truck. Just thought I would see what ya'll think before I put it up for sale. I'm not a active member anymore so I can't post pic's. I changed my profile pic to it if you want to take a peek.

First off, its not a real Lightning. EVERYTHING on this truck is from my old Lightning that I swapped over into a V6 F150 that I bought shortly after wrecking my L. I know where the old L is sitting if you wanted the Vins off it.
Runs and drives like a champ. New Nitto 555's all the way around (90%), Cog Pulleys (2#), magnaflow exhaust, Bassani Shorty Headers, 12" Intake, Shift Kit, 02' wheels, Solid Back Glass, Updated Headlights, Billet Grill, New Alternator (Oct 10'), New Battery (Sept 11'), New Radiator (November 10'), New Ball Joints (April 11'), Fresh Alignment (May11), New Windshield (May11'), New Tint (May11'), Freshly Painted Front Bumper (November 10'), Silver Saleen Decals.

The down fall is it has a few tedious things that need to be worked on/ replaced:

-Needs new power window motors, and power lock motors (I think) - They still work, just slow. (ever since swap)
-Needs windshield wiper motors replaced.
- Has a vacuum leak somewhere I think. Truck wants to die when I put it in reverse half the time, only after being driven. Never does it after I start her up and put in reverse though?? (ever since swap)
- Needs one of the slapper bars re-welded. I can hear a slight tap in the rear when I go over a good size bump.
-Needs Fogs

-------------------------------------------------
153k miles on everything, except the body and frame
190k on body and frame

I’ve never thought about selling my truck until now. Owning a small mobile business tuning diesel trucks, where I drive a lot. It's too small and doesn’t get the best gas mileage to be driving it 100miles+ a day.
That along with sales being down, I’m doing everything and anything to get money together. I’ve even considered getting a part time job somewhere till things are back to norm. I hate to try and sell it but I might have to.

Thanks guys
:beer:

Silver_2000
09-23-2011, 06:18 PM
not wanting to pee on your parade
but i wouldnt buy that on a bet in its current state
If you fixed all the big issues it might be worth the price you quoted

0'Lightning
09-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the honest feedback. Guess im stuck with it lol

tiffo60
09-30-2011, 02:44 PM
put it on craigslist, I'm sure there would be someone on there that would jump on it:d

Silver_2000
09-30-2011, 03:06 PM
what he said

mikelemoine
10-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Might also check your engine, chassis and battery grounds. Window/lock motors don't wear out in unison so look for the common ground (pun intended). That could also cause erratic engine behavior.

Craigslist or Cars.com if you want to spend a few bucks on the listing. Watch out for Craigslist scammers. "Dear Sir, I want to buy your item, please to be consider it sold, I will send my courier with a cheque asap" blah blah. Bet you'll get at least one of those if you list on CL!