PDA

View Full Version : Happy Vets day.

Shiner1
11-11-2011, 09:15 AM
Happy Veterans day to all of my fellow L brothers and vets. Thank you for your service to our great country!! :tu:

99WhiteBeast
11-11-2011, 10:09 AM
Happy Veterans day to all of my fellow L brothers and vets. Thank you for your service to our great country!! :tu:

Amen brother- if you see a Veteran today thank them for their service and sacrifice.

Mika
11-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Agreed 100%. Thank you all who served.

Moonshine
11-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Dammit. I meant to make a post like this on Friday and totally forgot. :hammer: I did fly my flag, attend a Veterans Day memorial service at a war memorial, and say a heartfelt "Thank you for your service" to all the vets I saw in person.

But I totally forgot to post a thanks to the TALON vets. My sincere apologies, and please accept my belated but most sincere thanks for your service to our country. :bows

L8 APEX
11-13-2011, 05:37 PM
It was a pretty good vets day up here. I had a job to do on Ft Leavenworth first thing and was finished in time to attend the parade in downtown Leavenworth. The bases were ghost towns as most employees had the day off. I had to work a full day but at least our service member got a day off. This experience has sure brought to my attention the sacrifices their families make to support the service member. :bows

Up here I am able to work on some nice historical bases and Forts like Riley which is home of the 1st ID or BigRed One as they call it. Custer was there. Fort Leavenworth has good colonial age history as well. There are some awesome buildings still in use since the 1850's. Then Whiteman is where all of the B2 stealth bombers are based. One flew over the house today on its way to flyover the Chiefs game...

Moonshine
11-13-2011, 06:33 PM
I've been to Riley before. Lots of armor there back in the mid 90's.

Mark #2
11-14-2011, 09:14 PM
I was once stationed at Ft Leonard Wood...attended kindergarten there when my dad was training for Vietnam, broke my collar bone there and visited the infirmary many times and still remember it, maybe that is why I married a nurse:confused:
Happy Veterans day very belated.:tu: