PDA

View Full Version : Ceramic Coating in DFW?

gagspa
11-29-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm looking to have the pipes on my bike ceramic coated. They are the Cobra Speedster Swepts and the chrome is getting scratched up. I'd like to try ceramic coating them black. Does anyone have a recommendation for a localish powder/ceramic coater?

L8 APEX
11-29-2011, 09:14 PM
I always had good luck with Specialized Performance Coating in Arlington on California. I think it was off Bowen but it has been years. Top Koat in Kennedale may do ceramics as well.

gagspa
12-07-2011, 02:03 PM
I always had good luck with Specialized Performance Coating in Arlington on California. I think it was off Bowen but it has been years. Top Koat in Kennedale may do ceramics as well.

SP Coating is who I chose to do the ceramic coating. Top Koat in Kennedale is who is powdercoating the wheels, but they don't do ceramic coating.

Thanks for the references!

L8 APEX
12-07-2011, 07:15 PM
I had SP do several sets of exhaust pieces headers, heat shields, ATV mufflers etc. I had a set done in black ceramic. I would swear the black radiates a hundred times more heat to surrounding parts than the silver alum stuff. So I say silver is the best for containing heat.

gagspa
01-18-2012, 11:24 AM
Update:
Here is how it turned out. The wheels, engine guards, and levers were powder coated by Top Koat in Kennedale. The pipes were ceramic coated by Specialized Performance Coating in Arlington. I was very happy with the prices from SP Coating. Top Koat's pricing was a little high.

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3616&stc=1&d=1326903764

Thanks for the recommendations Terry.