PDA

View Full Version : Gop

Mark #2
12-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Okay, so we did the religious thread recently, let's talk the other forbidden topic.
Most are not impressed with Obama, but who in the GOP do you support? I am having a hard time finding one I'd consider presidential.

PUMP
12-17-2011, 09:27 AM
I agree.
That being said, I'm for voter enforced term limits, so I'll vote against any incumbent.

Silver_2000
12-17-2011, 11:22 AM
agree ....

I also dont understand how one random speaking error in one of a hundred debates dooms a candidate. Yes public speaking is important, but common sense and experience is MORE important.

98Cobra
12-17-2011, 01:50 PM
If you are referring to Perry, its because he has had several errors. I agree one should not count you out. But you should know the voting age and when election day is.

I think Ron Paul makes the most sense of anyone, but that being the case no one will listen to him.

Silver_2000
12-17-2011, 02:13 PM
ron paul in unelectable

i wasn't referring to any one candidate

To put this in perspective - Im an IT guy - its the same as if - If I were to get fired for misspelling a word in an email or setting permissions wrong on a folder

both show lack of focus and precision - but does it justify termination ?

98Cobra
12-17-2011, 02:35 PM
ron paul in unelectable

i wasn't referring to any one candidate

To put this in perspective - Im an IT guy - its the same as if - If I were to get fired for misspelling a word in an email or setting permissions wrong on a folder

both show lack of focus and precision - but does it justify termination ?

I think it also depends on how you handle it when you make that mistake.

Silver_2000
12-17-2011, 03:09 PM
While I understand the need to "get to know the candidates" and the Medias obsession with debates - I don't think that having 4 debates a week for a year help anything. Then to crucify any candidate for a single misstep or 2 in the 400 debates is unrealistic.

Having that many debates makes them as inconsequential as a college football game. they loose their luster when there are 400 every weekend.

Finnally all the drama about "The Donald" moderating a debate was laughable. The elitist media and some of the candidates were against it because he "isnt a journalist" - Really ? And which journalists are trained moderators ?

After the announcement came that Trump would be moderating the Dec. 27, some of the candidates, including Ron Paul and Jon Huntsman, expressed their belief that the debate was just for spectacle and refused to attend.

Several prominent Republicans have reportedly urged candidates to skip the event. They predicted it would be a media circus and a distraction from important issues.
They are ALL spectacles. And ALL distract from the important issues. Like the lack of jobs and the economy. Like the lifetime politicians who line their pockets with money from coffers. Like the lack of oversight or responsibility in government.

L8 APEX
12-17-2011, 08:43 PM
I am very troubled that in a decade now the GOP hasn't presented a strong candidate. I guess the ones worth electing think the job isn't worth doing... I wish someone like Colin Powell or Warren Buffett would have ran for President. We need someone with financial smarts and leadership experience.

Moonshine
12-18-2011, 12:22 AM
They all suck. So we try to figure out who sucks the least. And then from that list who is potentially electable. And we end up with a candidate we'll likely vote for who none of us particularly admires.

dboat
12-18-2011, 08:53 AM
I will go on record as putting 100% of my support behind the ABO candidate, Anyone But Obama. Except Ron Paul, his foreign policy is scary. I have Libertarian leanings, but he aint right. (see Dougs comment) Otherwise, any of the rest of the field are better than another 4 years of BOB.

Dana

98Cobra
12-19-2011, 09:45 AM
I think the real killer for Trump's debate was him saying one day he would moderate a GOP debate, and then the next he said if he doesn't like any of the answers he gets then he will run as an independent. The moderator should at the very least not have their own agenda.

99WhiteBeast
12-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I'm just tired of seeing a president making the rounds on talk shows- doesn't seem to me he takes things seriously. I then have to ask myself am I or my family, or country better off in the last term. My answer No.

dboat
12-21-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm just tired of seeing a president making the rounds on talk shows- doesn't seem to me he takes things seriously. I then have to ask myself am I or my family, or country better off in the last term. My answer No.

speaking of rounds.. howz his golf game doing?

Dana