PDA

View Full Version : I need some advice on tracks....

03LightningRocks
02-23-2003, 01:17 AM
Hello everyone,

I am a bit frustrated by my experience at Hallsville today. After being told they would run today, my son and I drove the 3 hour trip only to be told "no can do". Now I realize that it would not be wise to run on a wet track but I hate waisting 6 hours on a Saturday to take it in the shorts.

I really prefer a 1/4 mile track and have tried checking the websight for the track in Ennis. They don't show their test and tune schedule on the sight. Does anyone here know if they run a regular test&tune schedule and what it is?

Dodracing is going Sunday, but he was not sure what the set up was for test and tune. The sight only talks of bracket racing.

So....what's the scoop?????

Thanks,
Rocks:beer:

Silver_2000
02-23-2003, 08:39 AM
Call the track. This time of year that is the best bet.

Doug

StormShadow
02-23-2003, 09:45 PM
well we got ripped off today at ennis... It was bracket racing all right ...freakin dragsters.. and to top that off they were only running the 1/8 because they said it was too windy and when the dragsters cleared the stands all hell would break loose...they also wanted a 50 spot to run..we ended up going out to kennedale and running the 1/8 ...oh well it was cold as a well diggers ass anyways...btw my friends S4 ran 8.142 on the 1/8th.. pretty good for a four door huh

L8 APEX
02-23-2003, 09:54 PM
My buddy sold his vette for an S4. Not sure if they are all turbo but his was and all it needed was a chip and soemthign else and it was 400hp:eek2:

03LightningRocks
02-24-2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by dod racing
well we got ripped off today at ennis... It was bracket racing all right ...freakin dragsters.. and to top that off they were only running the 1/8 because they said it was too windy and when the dragsters cleared the stands all hell would break loose...they also wanted a 50 spot to run..we ended up going out to kennedale and running the 1/8 ...oh well it was cold as a well diggers ass anyways...btw my friends S4 ran 8.142 on the 1/8th.. pretty good for a four door huh

Not bad at all. Looks like dougs advise about calling them is for real...LOL. Sorry you got stumped today. It happened to me Saturday...and I did call them at Hallsville.

Rocks:nana2

StormShadow
02-24-2003, 10:32 PM
I almost forgot the best part.....I got to see a d/s break for the first time....It was on 55' or so Chevy...I now understand the importance of a d/s loop...I can see how you would pole vault....