PDA

View Full Version : Where to get engine work done?

1stlightning
03-08-2012, 10:12 AM
Looking to get some engine work done finally. Thinking about droping 5-10k in the performance end of the L. I live in the DFW area. I have no problem taking it outside of the DFW area. I would like to say " I have 5 or 10k, make this as fast as you can for that". Want to see what some opinions are on where would be the best place to get the work done at. I don't drive it much, so I have no problem leaving it for a period of time.

Let me know your $.02

liteitup
03-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Looking to get some engine work done finally. Thinking about droping 5-10k in the performance end of the L. I live in the DFW area. I have no problem taking it outside of the DFW area. I would like to say " I have 5 or 10k, make this as fast as you can for that". Want to see what some opinions are on where would be the best place to get the work done at. I don't drive it much, so I have no problem leaving it for a period of time.

Let me know your $.02

no suggestions, but some advice. If you go in a shop and tell them that, you will spend $20k+ and won't see your truck for 4 years.

L8 APEX
03-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Yep, Donnie's diesel has been in Colorado getting compounds and drivetrain for 5 years. He paid the new truck off two years ago...

I trust Brian at Lone Star locally that is about it.

1stlightning
03-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Yep, Donnie's diesel has been in Colorado getting compounds and drivetrain for 5 years. He paid the new truck off two years ago...

I trust Brian at Lone Star locally that is about it.

Where is Lone Star?

Sixpipes
03-09-2012, 11:56 AM
They have moved around a bit, but I think this is them. :cool:

http://www.lonestarperformance.com/

1993_mullet12
03-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Lonestar is in Addison off midway road .635 to midway there all the way down midway on the right . That's who I go to brain is a family friend

Shiner1
03-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Brian has worked on my truck and that's who Terry Hogg takes his truck to.

1stlightning
03-15-2012, 03:36 PM
Does anyone have any thoughts on PSI Motorsports down in Webster, Tx.? I've heard a few things about them, but I'm currious if it is worth taking it to them or sticking around here and taking it to Lonestar.

L8 APEX
03-15-2012, 05:35 PM
They have worked with JDM a lot and do good work. They do a lot more Lightnings than Lone Star but you said DFW first...