PDA

View Full Version : Lightningcicles?

Moonshine
02-25-2003, 09:16 AM
So how many of you drove your L. to work today?

Silver_2000
02-25-2003, 09:24 AM
work ?? I just woke up ..

There hasnt been a car down my street all nite...

Looks like inch plus of accumulation

Moonshine
02-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Just woke up???????:hammer:

Yup, it's between 1 and 2 inches, but it's not as bad as it was last year, or the year before. I was able to drive about 35 MPH on the highway.

Mark #2
02-25-2003, 09:37 AM
I'm at work. No one on the roads.

This is K-5 weather, actually had a blast driving to work, did a couple of donuts in the parking lot.

Mark

J.D. Blackwell
02-25-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Mark #2
I'm at work. No one on the roads.

This is K-5 weather, actually had a blast driving to work, did a couple of donuts in the parking lot.

Mark

LOL, Sounds like city boy has a little bit of redneck in him.:burnout:

Moonshine
02-25-2003, 09:49 AM
I refrained from donuts on my way in this morning. Did my donuts in the pasture last night on the 4 wheeler. Yee haw!!!!!!

Silver_2000
02-25-2003, 10:02 AM
Im not going anywhere for a while... i2 is closed till noon... If I can find the parts for my savage at a local hobby shop I may veture out to get them....

if I go anywhere - Ill likely put the spare on the back since both my f1's are pretty bald

I have tire chains in the attic above the garage... I wonder if the tire size of teh spare is the same as the size of the tire on my old 92 F150 ?... Hmmmm...

dboat
02-25-2003, 10:32 AM
at least you have brakes now, maybe no tires, but you do have brakes... :d

TxBolt
02-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Made it as far as Canton turned aroun and came home. So I will just stay home and order my heads from REM! I called a moment ago and waiting for a return call!!!:nana2 :nana2 Oh sorry, The block also!!

L8 APEX
02-25-2003, 10:50 AM
I think the morning commute was easier due to the ice being fresh crunchies on top. As the day progresses it will get re frozen and it will be a new story. I am going to take the Z71 and go to the waffle house:tu: Any job worth risking a Lightning:nono: I have so much ice on the back porch I can't see the tennis balls under it.

dboat
02-25-2003, 10:52 AM
say HI to the girls at Waffle House for me...

Moonshine
02-25-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I think the morning commute was easier due to the ice being fresh crunchies on top. As the day progresses it will get re frozen and it will be a new story.

I'm afraid you may be right. This morning wasn't too bad, but I'm more concerned about tonight and tomorrow morning after the idjits have had a chance to polish it smooth by spinning their tires endlessly.

blueoval01
02-25-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 380hp
Made it as far as Canton turned aroun and came home. So I will just stay home and order my heads from REM! I called a moment ago and waiting for a return call!!!:nana2 :nana2 Oh sorry, The block also!!
Hey Tim,
What's the weather like in East Texas. I was supposed to drive to Longview tonight, but might just wait until tomorrow.

TxBolt
02-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Well it was raining this morning thats why I thought I could make it to work. Its like 36 degrees no ice!

L8 APEX
02-25-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Moonshine
I'm afraid you may be right. This morning wasn't too bad, but I'm more concerned about tonight and tomorrow morning after the idjits have had a chance to polish it smooth by spinning their tires endlessly.
I saw a guy driving his kids go kart to the gas station this morning. I would suggest you drive the Prairie to work tomorrow:tu:

devildog92
02-25-2003, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by L8 APEX
[B]I think the morning commute was easier due to the ice being fresh crunchies on top. As the day progresses it will get re frozen and it will be a new story. I am going to take the Z71 and go to the waffle house

Now Terry, don't be dissin' the hoosiers at the waffle house man, dat ain' righ.

L8 APEX
02-25-2003, 01:28 PM
I ended up at IHOP and everyone around got hair in their order. The manager didn't seem to care saying he was short staffed for the weather etc.. I talked to the cute 20 yr old at WH last weekend. She complained about having to come in at 7am. I asked why, she said the hangovers didn't wear off until noon or so. Apparently @ 20yrs old she likes to get drunk every night. I told her she was a little young for that stuff and she laughed and said she was getting an early start. She also remarked about getting off work in time to watch General Hospital on TV.

Mark #2
02-25-2003, 01:37 PM
Just took the boss and a co-worker 4 wheeling in the K-5 to Bonedaddy's.:)

Did some donuts there too.:)

Mark

devildog92
02-25-2003, 01:38 PM
Let me guess, you got her number right? She is the kind of girl that you bring home to mama.:D

dboat
02-25-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by devildog92
Let me guess, you got her number right? She is the kind of girl that you bring home .:D

see edit above.. because a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do..

he he

:beer:

Moonshine
02-25-2003, 01:57 PM
I would suggest you drive the Prairie to work tomorrow:tu:

Actually, I would seriously consider it, except the only place to ride is in the median or on the shoulder, and all it would take it one nitwit in a car......:eek2:

98Cobra
02-25-2003, 02:02 PM
I ended up at IHOP and everyone around got hair in their order. The manager didn't seem to care saying he was short staffed for the weather etc.. I talked to the cute 20 yr old at WH last weekend. She complained about having to come in at 7am. I asked why, she said the hangovers didn't wear off until noon or so. Apparently @ 20yrs old she likes to get drunk every night. I told her she was a little young for that stuff and she laughed and said she was getting an early start. She also remarked about getting off work in time to watch General Hospital on TV.

You mean you weren't already training for the big leagues at 20? I know I was! :D

Brian: The statute of limitations has expired on that now that I am 25, right? :)

Moonshine
02-25-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra

Brian: The statute of limitations has expired on that now that I am 25, right? :)

Absolutely. :tu:

J.D. Blackwell
02-25-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by 380hp
Well it was raining this morning thats why I thought I could make it to work. Its like 36 degrees no ice!

Yeah, the same here up 40 miles North of Longview. We didn't get nothing but rain over here. Maybe a 1/16th of sleet.:rolleyes:

Logan
02-25-2003, 06:24 PM
As a Canadian who relocated to Dallas to get out of the snow, I morally objected to it and staged my protest by not even looking outside this morning. In fact, I'm still in bed dammit. Someone call me when ****'s back to normal.

Crawford
02-25-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Logan
As a Canadian who relocated to Dallas to get out of the snow, I morally objected to it and staged my protest by not even looking outside this morning. In fact, I'm still in bed dammit. Someone call me when ****'s back to normal.

AAAAHAHAHAHA!

Moonshine
02-26-2003, 09:21 AM
Well, I made it in again today in the L., although it did take me over two hours. I'm ready to call this the most difficult conditions I've driven in.:(

L8 APEX
02-26-2003, 10:06 AM
Though I would never suggest using it the L is one of the best 2wd pickups to travel in. There 57/43 weight balance is the best of any pickup. The track lok axle helps more than open diffs and the wide rubber can't hurt.

Moonshine
02-26-2003, 12:45 PM
Though I would never suggest using it the L is one of the best 2wd pickups to travel in. There 57/43 weight balance is the best of any pickup. The track lok axle helps more than open diffs and the wide rubber can't hurt.

With the exception of the wide tires I would agree completely. The limited slip rear end really helps, but in snow or ice skinny tires work better, because they concentrate the weight to give you the maximum weight PSI of contact patch.