PDA

View Full Version : Need a New Reliable EFAN

Beaudee
10-01-2012, 05:42 PM
I threw away my stock engine fan assy.I want to keep EFAN but i need one quick.Noway LFP.Want something nice.

L8 APEX
10-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Your only choices are LFP or JDM Engineering if they still produce them. LFP being in Houston you get parts next day.

Beaudee
10-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Your only choices are LFP or JDM Engineering if they still produce them. LFP being in Houston you get parts next day.

Yep all i could find thats worthy the (JDM is 825 and uses new ford stuff)and the LFP is 525.I tried to get LFP to give me a harnace,noway jose 139 bucks.Funny how the new fan has Zettler 40amp relays.Mine the high side melted and when i put a new in killed everything.Does the fan have a fuse and is it in the engine fuse box??Havent even looked too busy and truck not with me.Anyway thanks for help,should have upgraded the relays when you first said.

L8 APEX
10-02-2012, 09:24 PM
I'd just buy the LFP Harness just dont use high speed and if you feel like it throw a 75 amp relay on it when you get it.

dboat
10-03-2012, 06:53 AM
Beaudee, I have the latest harness.. my efan started having issues, so I bought the new harness thinking it would be plug and play.. it wasnt, since Terry is gone, the only two other guys I trust with my L couldnt get it to work either, so I went back to the stock fan setup.. if you want it, I will sell to you for $50, brand new, never used.. however, you may have to rewire it depending on the age of the unit you have now.

Dana

Beaudee
10-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Ilike the JDM but im a poor guy.I just went and bought a new fan from LFP with the new harness which has Zettler 40 amp relays.Its been a great fan,i ruined it running the high speed when my A/C didnt work.LFP gave me a good deal and i didnt get the shroud,ill use old one.I will never go back to engine driven,i dont think any new manuf. vehichles even use a eng. driven fans anymore waist of H.P. and waterpumps LOL.Ill sell the old one cheep if anyone wants it,i think all it needs is a harness 139 bucks(although sometyhing seems to be bad @ motor.I dont have time to play,i got a hunting trip coming up and work too much to jack with a 6 year old fan.Ohh buy the way there is no Fuse in the LFP EFAN system,mine will have one when im done.

Beaudee
10-04-2012, 12:44 AM
I dont know if its me,but lately i have had to modify,redesign,redo,rig,read learn and get smacked a few times and just plain out rethink some of the products,parts,systems out there.Such as life LOL.