PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm A Little Upset!

TxBolt
02-25-2003, 04:24 PM
I had to call REM 3 times to get my prices. Waited a whole day for a e-mail and suppose to get a call back an hour ,that was this morning.Now I found out that its an exchange deal. $6260.00 with 500.00 in shipping fees. So what next? I was ready to buy untill I found out I had to get rid of my block. Sal use to do a motor without exchange for 4000.00. But as my luck would have it he just stopped. His engine builder taking to long. Somebody help me before I drive this Ford through a dealership window!!:mad:

Sixpipes
02-25-2003, 05:40 PM
If I was having a motor built, I would take it to Wayne Calvert in Denton. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and they were building a 5.4L 32 valve motor. These guys are old school engine builders and have quite a reputation in drag racing circles. This is a "local" car that runs a Calvert motor.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/fuelcarfan/outlaws/marriott.html

cpeapea
02-25-2003, 06:47 PM
or Jim Loden in Balch Springs, great guy

wesman
02-25-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
If I was having a motor built, I would take it to Wayne Calvert in Denton. I was in there a couple of weeks ago and they were building a 5.4L 32 valve motor. These guys are old school engine builders and have quite a reputation in drag racing circles. This is a "local" car that runs a Calvert motor.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx/fuelcarfan/outlaws/marriott.html

I have heard great things about him in the Mustang circles and American cars but I know first hand about his prowess or lack therof with import engines. I have seen 3 NA motors that have had various problems, ultimately meet their demise for one reason or another. These were not high output engines, 222hp stock, but for some reason they were letting go.

It's not to say he can't build an engine, but he seems to have trouble with the VG30DE's.

This is particularly troubling for me since I have a short block built by them with forged internals that I'm not sure I want to drop into a car, probably going to have it broken down and reassembled just for peace of mind at another shop, probably Wells.

Just an FYI

--wes

TxBolt
02-25-2003, 08:42 PM
You might say I was venting. Its hard to trust someone to build your motor. So I will just get the long block from REM. I'm not going all out, cause I'm driving this beast on the street! No ground cams this time.If I took it to him I would have to pull it to the track! :eek: A Lightning owner has to do what a Lightning owner has to do!:nana2 :nana2

cpeapea
02-25-2003, 09:41 PM
very true, why pay that much money for something thats not gonna hold up? might as well pay a little more for something that will. I only recommended Loden's Machine shop because im a personal friend of his, and if youve ever been to his shop, youll see all kinds of crazy engine blocks laying around including 4banger blocks. his shop is chocked full of cool and crazy tools, i had my 512 built by him as well as 2 different 350's and the 512 is a 9 second car that i roughhouse in...needless to say that motor has held up like a champ!

Silver_2000
02-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Tim

Dont over react RE the thread on F150. You posted essentially an email directly to REM. It didnt appear to have much value to the rest of the membership which is why I posted what I did.

Just remember that F150 is designed for one to MANY communication

Here we are not as strict :D :twitch:

Doug

cpeapea
02-25-2003, 09:53 PM
thats why i like this board better!:tu:

TxBolt
02-26-2003, 03:56 AM
Thats cool Doug. I would never get mad at you at f150, thats your job. I respect you for that. If I say anything its aimed at f150 not you. My mistake of trying to catch Tim while he was there. I will watch my post and keep them related. Thanks Doug.:beer: