PDA

View Full Version : It's Time...I've Decided to Sell the Toys...

tliss
11-20-2012, 02:34 PM
Fellers, I have decided it is time to get out of the tyos I have and move in other directions. I have been doing a lot of soul searching and know that I do not haev the time or energy to put into these things like I have in the past. I'll post an official note in the for sale section, but here are some notes on both:

2001 Black Lightning #2359
45,xxx miles, garage kept, 1 owner, comes with all original OEM parts other than the cat back and original wheels

Chrome OEM wheels, DVD in dash system, subs, bedlid, bedrug, ported eaton, 4lb lower, intake, heat exchanger, e-fan, water pump, built tranny, Swanson tuned 4 program chip, single blade throttle body, traction bars, linelock, alarm.

This truck was originally a daily driver and now has been relegated to garage duty. This truck is fun to drive and I’ve enjoyed it tremendously. Oil changed religiously twice yearly since keeping in the garage, and I put 1,000–2,000 miles per year on it tops over the last 6-8 years.

1993 Black Mustang Cobra, black cloth interior, #3952
Estimated 130-140K miles...gauge cluster was changed by a previous owner. Cluster shows 55,xxx on the ticker now.
Bought this as a project car and haev made many strides, but just cant put the time into it anymore. Car runs great but still needs some work. Paint is faded and peeling with some minor hail damage. Interiro is in great condition for a 19 year old car!
Here's all I have done to it so far:
New aluminum drive shaft
New Moser axles and wheel studs along with refreshed bearings and axle seals
Refreshed rear end with new gears
New BBK shorty headers
Stock H pipe
Flowmaster American Thunder cat back with chrome tips
New remanufactured smog pump and all plumbing reinstalled
Full tune up with New fuel filter, new plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, new belts and hoses
New polyurethane motor mounts and transmission mount
New headlights, corner markers and turn signals, and new fog lamps
New water pump
New fan
New Alpine stereo head unit with USB input
Got a new spare tire on aluminum wheel (stock Cobra) and tire change kit (didn’t have it when I bought the car)
New door sill plates
Have the ash tray door fix-it kit but have not put it on

List of what I inherited:
Previous owner installed new suspension pieces, Koni shocks and struts swapping to coil-overs in the back, along with new upper and lower control arms in the back
Monster tachometer that has been disconnected…I have not had the time to remove.
BBK filter and chrome power tube
MSD ignition coil
Gauge cluster is not the original cluster, so mileage is unknown. Estimate 130-140K.
It also has a “silent” alarm system. I have discovered how to disarm it out of necessity!

Willing to let it go with the second set of 17x7.5 Cobra wheels I bought for restoration as well.

Again, I'll post pricing and an "official" for sale notice in the for sale section soon.

Tom

dboat
11-20-2012, 09:11 PM
wow unbelievable sorry to hear this
Dana

L8 APEX
11-26-2012, 09:25 PM
No worries Tom, toys come and go. Life has a way of highlighting the real priorities. I am sure you will find a way back into toys as the years click by... Enjoy it!