PDA

View Full Version : Daughter's first drive today

WA 2 FST
12-29-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm getting old guys... my son graduates from HS this May, and my daughter just turned 15 and is starting to drive. We had so much success with my son driving his L for a full year with dad/mom before turning 16, that we are doing the same thing with her.

I've been storing it for a few months...driving it occasionally to keep the fluids and seals good, and tires from flat-spotting. It had some dust on it yesterday, so my son and I washed it (brrr... 36^F). She had been saving for "something", so she was very excited and surprised to see this in the driveway this AM. Her first comment was, "its in perfect shape, Dad... and it will stay that way." :)

So, now I have another year of being a driving instructor. Worked out well for kid #1. Let's hope it goes just as well this time around.

I tried uploading a pic, but I can't get it to work. It's a red '00 L with 33k miles on it.

99WhiteBeast
12-30-2012, 11:08 AM
That's awesome Wes. I'm in a similar situation. One on college, one graduating this year and junior will be driving next fall. No Lightning for him since we have a very rough 83 Chevy SWB that we are beginning to restore (it was his grandfathers that passed several years back). I'm thinking I may put a SBF in that Chevy.

whitelightning'02
12-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Dang it...we are all getting old! My grand-daughter is now living with us and is 16. She has her permit and can get her license in January. No L for her , either. She will drive either the Merc or the Nissan. Probably the Nissan