PDA

View Full Version : H E L P . . . non-lightning related (remote starter dealer add on).

rickgig
08-12-2013, 05:23 PM
I bought an 08 Ford Edge Limited. Great vehicle just what we needed. But... I decided it needed a remote starter and in looking into it, found out the vehicle was equiped with one, dealer add on when purchased new. I am the 3rd owner and the key FOB's are not to be found. Some of my research showed some remote starter systems from Ford used the standard remote key entry FOB's.

So I started screwing around and now I have managed to set the system so no matter how I unlock the car, key, remote key FOB or keypad on the door, the alarm goes off.

UGH!!!

I have mucked it up and need someones help to get the dang thing back to normal. At least normal enough to start the car without the freaking horn going off.

I have since found out that I need a remote start FOB(s) to get the car running and may need to go to a dealer to get them programmed.

I found the manuals online and must admit, they are somewhat difficult seeing how I am not familiar with these systems. It is a GEN-2 Powercode Ford system.

Any input???

Thanks!

dboat
08-13-2013, 06:38 AM
I am at a loss as to what to do on this one. The only thing I could think of is to remove one of the battery cables for a while and then reconnect it to see if it will reset the system for you. I would make sure I had a window rolled down when I did it as well. Just in case.

rickgig
08-13-2013, 09:05 AM
I appreciate the input. Once I put the key in the ignition and either turn to "run" positionor start it, then press the button under the dash, the alarm stops. So the vehicle is totally drivable just a PIA when it comes to starting it. Certainly won't use valet parking for the time being. I ordered a key FOB from eBay, cheap enough at 24 bucks.

I must have set something that just doesn't recognize valid or secure entry of the vehicle.

rickgig
08-14-2013, 07:38 AM
Here's what I found out and what is happening now. I am posting this so if someone searches the board for the same trouble they'll find this. The vehicles system was set to open or unlock all doors with one push of the unlock on the FOB or opening via the keypad or opening with the key. The fact that other doors open at the same time trips the alarm.

I am still experiencing an intermitent problem with the alarm going off like discribed above but I think it's because I have both key fob's on me at the time of entry. Looks like the signal from both fob's confuses the security system. I have to test this more to be sure.