PDA

View Full Version : Howdy everyone...

03LightningRocks
11-12-2013, 01:51 PM
It has been awhile. I heard there was a bone daddys meet. Sorry I missed it. I was messaging with Adam last night about our old trucks and it made me start thinking about the fun I always had with my Lightning. I received a text from a guy asking me if the truck he had was my old truck. The weird part was that he said he didn't know any of the folks I would have thought he would have to know to get my phone number. He seemed like a nice guy. I directed him to this site. I didn't give it much thought at the time but last night Adam asked how he got my info. Be darned if I know. Until about ten minutes ago I had the memory that he called when actually he texted me. He offered to sell my truck back to me for what I sold it to the other guy for. I am not sure I would pay 27K for a ten year old truck.

Hope everyone is doing well. I sure wish I never sold. Adam mentioned he would love to find the guy who bought his.

Moonshine
11-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Holy cow, Uncle Rocks lives. Wondered if you'd fallen off the planet, but glad to hear you didn't. Welcome back. :tu:

03LightningRocks
11-13-2013, 11:32 PM
Thanks moonshine. I was looking around the forum last night and began to think I was on a deserted island. Are you still in law enforcement? I hope you are doing well.

Sandman
11-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Heeey Rocks!

Now we just need Adam and Sayle to post up.

Moonshine
11-14-2013, 06:49 AM
Tho board is a little slow these days, so it may a take a few days for folks to check in and see you post, but most of the original crew are still around. Yup, I'm still in LE, closing in (too slowly) on retirement. Hanging in there. Hope all is well with you, too.

03LightningRocks
11-14-2013, 09:38 AM
Hello Sandman. I and Adam are on each others FB. I chat with him on the messaging deal now and again. I don't get on FB that often. Sayle disappeared more years ago than I can count. I remember him telling me not to put my chip on his truck because he was scared to death Ford would find out and void his warranty. That was the days before hand held tuners.

Glad to hear things are going good for you Moonshine. I bet you are a lot closer to being able to retire than me. I will probably have to work when I am 90. You can ask Doug, all I ever do is work work work!

dboat
11-14-2013, 10:35 PM
Hey Rocks, glad to see you are still vertical. I might sell you my L for 27K, and I bet its in better shape too.. How is business these days?
Dana

03LightningRocks
11-15-2013, 07:31 AM
Hello Dana! Guys like me never die. We just get old, grumpy and make everyone else wonder why a guy like me never dies....LOL. You might be right about my old Lightning. The guy said it still looked hardly used. I guess it depends on how the Yankee I sold it to treated it. I hear stories of that salt from the Northeast winter roads eating the bottom out of a vehicle. I might cry if I saw my truck with the frame all rotted out. I wouldn't give 27K for any Lightning at this point, but at the same time, I wouldn't take that and let one go if I had it to do over again. I think you should just keep her looking purty, let her sleep in that big ass garage of yours and only drive her to church on Sundays. I am waiting to see a Lightning rolling across the auction block at Mecum a few years from now getting bid up crazy levels. It may take another fifteen years, but it will happen.

L8 APEX
11-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Sup Dirty Ron! I think back on the good times we had often. We will have to catch up some time. I don't want to post it online. The govt is tracking me more closely than they used to:tex. I wouldn't mind picking up a 10k dollar truck to piddle around in, but we all know how that would end up... Glad to see you on the board. In six more years we will have to arrange a SVTLightnings.com 20th anniversary party!:beer:

03LightningRocks
11-15-2013, 03:46 PM
Hey Terry. I have missed you buddy! We did have some laughs. Like you, I think I am being tracked more closely.

I agree, a crazy party with lots of booze in a parking lot sure sounds like fun to me.

Crawford
11-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Glad to see you are still around Ron! Welcome back. I also wish I had never sold mine. Ah the good times we had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

tliss
11-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Count me in for a crazy parking lot party with lots of booze. Let's not forget the rubber chickens!

Tom

03LightningRocks
11-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Hey Crawford and Tom. Hope you two are doing well. I am thinking Terry may be on to something here. Now we just need to talk him into organizing the event. :0)

Mark #2
11-18-2013, 10:19 PM
Hello Dana! Guys like me never die. We just get old, grumpy and make everyone else wonder why a guy like me never dies....LOL. You might be right about my old Lightning. The guy said it still looked hardly used. I guess it depends on how the Yankee I sold it to treated it. I hear stories of that salt from the Northeast winter roads eating the bottom out of a vehicle. I might cry if I saw my truck with the frame all rotted out. I wouldn't give 27K for any Lightning at this point, but at the same time, I wouldn't take that and let one go if I had it to do over again. I think you should just keep her looking purty, let her sleep in that big ass garage of yours and only drive her to church on Sundays. I am waiting to see a Lightning rolling across the auction block at Mecum a few years from now getting bid up crazy levels. It may take another fifteen years, but it will happen.

I think Sixpipes, TLiss and I are the only ones that still have their low mileage modified no rust Ls and they are worth at least 25k. :) and I have a $5K JDM engine sitting on a stand if you are interested?

03LightningRocks
11-19-2013, 09:11 AM
I dunno Mark. Your price seems high. I am thinking I can hop on the internet and find one cheaper.

03LightningRocks
11-19-2013, 09:24 AM
I was kidding around with mark in the post above but started getting curious after posting. Did a search and found the prices all over the place. Some almost seemed to low. Some seemed way to high for the miles on them. The thing that surprised me the most was how many of them are out there. If I still had mine I wouldn't take anything for it.

Mark #2
11-19-2013, 05:52 PM
I was kidding around with mark in the post above but started getting curious after posting. Did a search and found the prices all over the place. Some almost seemed to low. Some seemed way to high for the miles on them. The thing that surprised me the most was how many of them are out there. If I still had mine I wouldn't take anything for it.

Ron, I got the joke,

No kidding there are a lot of them, I looked at Car and Driver and there are 6 pages of them, but most have 4X the mileage that mine has and are in NE.

After looking around on the interweb as some local guy says, I think $25K might be low for my truck, especially with an additional built motor, the mods on the truck, and every original part included...and driven in the rain twice to/from LFest.

03LightningRocks
11-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Personally, I think you would be wishing you had not taken 30K for it. I have to say the biggest regret I have is selling my Lightning. I have to believe the value of these trucks is only going to go higher.

dboat
11-20-2013, 10:22 PM
I think Sixpipes, TLiss and I are the only ones that still have their low mileage modified no rust Ls and they are worth at least 25k. :) and I have a $5K JDM engine sitting on a stand if you are interested?

I dont think my mileage is as low as yours, but I still have mine.. 60K miles.. have most if not all my stock stuff plus try to add one mod a year. I seem to be running out of things to do. My last mod was the Kenny Brown X brace. Oh, and am still hoping to find a lightly used Whipple to swap in mine at some point.. but at the right price.

Dana

99WhiteBeast
12-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Count me on the parking lot party- good to see Uncle Ron is still alive and well. Anyone talked to Dennis in awhile?

There are a few nice GenII's out there but I see more and more young kids driving them and they have been rode hard and put up wet. I traded my 99 (for two GenI's) in January of this year after I could barely get any 10K offers. It was in great shape but with 130K on it and being 14yrs old it just wasn't happening.

PoorSvtman
12-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Uncle Ron!!!!!!!

03LightningRocks
12-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Well hello to the Arlington folks! Can everyone believe how many years have zipped by? Eleven since I registered on this site. It seems like only a year or two.

PoorSvtman
12-16-2013, 02:18 PM
The time has flown by!

I miss the hooters meets and random garage days we always had. I recently found pics from those days.

I miss my L but if only I had it now instead of my late teens.