PDA

View Full Version : This Motor Building Is Hard Work!

TxBolt
02-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Well I'm getting close to being tired of calling folks. I called Wells Racing in Arlington today. To port, polish, install valves,springs and seals labor runs $960.00. So by the time I purchess my valves and all I guess around $1500.00- $1700.00 to get my heads done. Well its getting better I saved $1000.00 from quotes I have gotten so far. I can't get exact prices for my valves or springs cause nobody got prices on their site. Only one I haven't called for my bottom end is JLP. Does anyone no if he requires a exchange? I have been doing searches and in his reply he said no. So I will call him Monday. I'm poss. going to remove my own heads. You engine nuts, is this hard and is there things like cam losing its place I need to know, or screwing up my timing?:o :o Talon needs a " Good O'l Motor Changing Party!!" Plenty of brewsky!!:twitch: :twitch: Any help or advice you can give on these heads and bottom end will help. Thanks I'm Green to this!
Tim

cpeapea
02-28-2003, 09:40 PM
im in on the engine party, i have a crane and a stand!!!! www.modularperformance.com has prices on springs

dboat
02-28-2003, 09:42 PM
a bunch of tipsy guys doing machine work on your engine... LOL
prob turn out to be the most powerful engine after that.. hehe:beer:

then

:vomit:

Dana

J.D. Blackwell
03-01-2003, 11:39 AM
TIM,

I told you who to take the heads to.
P.M. Tony and he can probably save you a few hundred more on those heads. His buddy does AWESOME work.

J.D. Blackwell
03-01-2003, 11:43 AM
Oh, and you can get a set of Mod Max valves at www.foxlakeracing.com for under $300.

Tim, I sent you a P.M.

TxBolt
03-01-2003, 12:20 PM
I didn't have a pm in the memory. The grimlins ate it.:D I called Tony and he said 700.00 just to port and polish. I have been on Fox Lakes site reading their info. Good info if I understood it all. I,m planning on calling them also. J.D. Send me your phone number and I will call you. Are I can see ya at the next TALON meeting. E-Mail EastTexLightn@msn.com Thanks man give me a hollar!:tu:

TxBolt
03-01-2003, 12:39 PM
I just called my machanic. My truck is leaving me tonight.:crying: He's going to pull my motor so I can send my heads off. So I still have a week to decide where and who is going to do the head job. That sounds offensive. Lets get this thing ready for racing!!:nana2 :nana2

dboat
03-01-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by 380hp
I just called my machanic. My truck is leaving me tonight.:crying: He's going to pull my motor so I can send my heads off. So I still have a week to decide where and who is going to do the head job. That sounds offensive. Lets get this thing ready for racing!!:nana2 :nana2

if it makes you feel any better, I have always liked getting a head job... :rolleyes:

:banana:

Dana

03LightningRocks
03-01-2003, 11:38 PM
Please get all the bugs worked out.....I'm Next:d

Rocks

cpeapea
03-02-2003, 01:57 AM
i dont think there are many bugs to be worked out in getting a head job....jk:D

SVTKID99
03-04-2003, 01:07 PM
my heads are currently up in pennslyvania beening redone by JLP im doing them my self, we had to take them out of the engine and send them up there i am pretty sure that you ahve to give him a set to have redone

wesman
03-04-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by SVTKID99
my heads are currently up in pennslyvania beening redone by JLP im doing them my self, we had to take them out of the engine and send them up there i am pretty sure that you ahve to give him a set to have redone

Hmmm...one would think that they would buy a few spare sets of used ones and build them and work it on exchange and charge a core charge so people didn't have so much downtime....doesn't make sense to me.

--wes