PDA

View Full Version : tool to take the stock pulley off

Natetrun
03-08-2003, 02:58 PM
what tool do you need to take the stock pulley off? do you need a pulley puller? If so,can I borrow one? have to take it off to take off the a/c and run a shorter drive belt

thanx

ken cryder
03-08-2003, 03:54 PM
you actually need two tools the 14mm socket and the tool to hold the fly wheel from turning . if you are in denton i can let you use them .

ken

Natetrun
03-08-2003, 05:13 PM
Whare do you install to tool to stop the converter from turnning?

TxBolt
03-08-2003, 05:15 PM
Flywheel to bell on tranny. The tool is bent alittle to fit. I have been looking for a how to but i came up with nothing. Perhaps someone else knows where ones at.

Silver_2000
03-08-2003, 06:19 PM
Its just a metal strap that goes between a bolt on the torque converter and the converter cover hole. YOu pull the 2 bolts that hold the sheet metal dust shield over the torque converter. Then pull one of the bolts in the torque converter and then spin the crank with ratchet till you can get the strap connect between the converter and the trans case.

I didn't describe it well but its real easy - I have one of the straps somewhere if you want to borrow it. That and the hex tool loosen the pulley and a long arm ratchet and you should get it- Don't forget it is counter threaded

Doug

Natetrun
03-09-2003, 01:18 AM
thanx for the replys guys and offer to borrow tools. I'm truly grateful, anyway i can help later on I will. I'd rather drive to carrolton to borrow silver's tools, plus all the right tools will help us out alot.

thanx

Silver_2000
03-09-2003, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Natetrun
thanx for the replys guys and offer to borrow tools. I'm truly grateful, anyway i can help later on I will. I'd rather drive to carrolton to borrow silver's tools, plus all the right tools will help us out alot.

thanx

The tool aint much - just a chunk of steel about 6 inches long with a hole at each end...

Ill need it back however ..

Doug

Natetrun
03-09-2003, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
The tool aint much - just a chunk of steel about 6 inches long with a hole at each end...

Ill need it back however ..

Doug

I think thats part of borrowing tools :p