PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Tony2000!

tliss
03-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Thanks, Tony, for taking the time to help me get that stupid coil pack bolt out of the manifold. You definitely saved me a trip to the dealership!

Thanks again,
Tom

03LightningRocks
03-08-2003, 10:46 PM
How did he get it out? I plan on pulling my plugs Sunday and the COP bolt on mine is cross threaded in. I am about half expecting mine to break off when I start to remove it:vomit:. Better yet....what you doing Sunday Tony...LOL.

Rocks

tliss
03-09-2003, 09:29 PM
He tried just about everything. Those little bolts are stout if you jam them in there just right! He went through all possible options and ended up resorting to drilling the damn thing and threading the hole. Yours might be different. If you're going to break the bolt, make sure it's not most of the way in the hole...my recommendation is break it with only about 1/4 inch in the hole!

Actually, ifyou can still get the bolt out, I would suggest just getting the hole rethreaded. That should help eliminate the cross-threading and allow the blot to go in correctly.

Tom

MadMax
03-09-2003, 10:25 PM
I have to thank Tony too....everytime I bend rims he comes over and takes them off of my hands.... :D

Tony2000
03-11-2003, 01:39 AM
Tom
no problem man it was nice talking to you and having you at my shop for some Lightning work.

hello Rocks
don't work on sundays, but I'll be more than happy to take a look at it any time during the week my # is (972)241-5350

John
WAsssss up man, hey I just got the silver things from the focus for the L, thanks for the idea.