PDA

View Full Version : crackling sound

StormShadow
03-12-2003, 12:00 AM
I noticed today while I was sitting at idle that my truck was making a crackling sound coming from the exhaust.....truck is 2 days old any ideas???

L8 APEX
03-12-2003, 12:01 AM
Maybe it is the new burning off? The exhaust should be deep and mellow, mainly quiet. When you start to hear noises it is time for a louder muffler or stereo:twitch:

StormShadow
03-12-2003, 12:04 AM
yes it is nice and mellow and I've only heard this crackling sound one time so far and it was after i dogged it a little bit.....I'm trying out the theory that 03LightningRocks lives by....Drive It Like You Stole It

DWSmooth
03-12-2003, 03:17 PM
Sounds like the cats cooling down, especailly if you just dogged it. They get really hot.

David

StormShadow
03-12-2003, 03:35 PM
that makes sence because i nelt down by the exhaust and it was way hotter that I would expect

cpeapea
03-12-2003, 05:46 PM
maybe its the metal contracting because its cooling down

03LightningRocks
03-12-2003, 06:52 PM
For cripes sake...don't say anything about burning cats...the damned PITA cops will complain about the thread. It kinda of reminds me of the time when we were kids and my brother and I....I better not tell that story.

Anyway....yeah, it's your cats cooling and heating. I don't have a sound like that any more:d . All four of my cats went bad two weeks after I bought the truck:twitch: . Now theres only 2...and they don't crackle.

Rocks:nana2

cpeapea
03-12-2003, 09:09 PM
ever tried shoving a firecracker up a...oh nevermind. hey Ron maybe your other cats should magically go bad...then you could put in an offroad pipe

StormShadow
03-12-2003, 10:09 PM
yea I think mine are shot....hmmmm:tu:

03LightningRocks
03-13-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by StormShadow
yea I think mine are shot....hmmmm:tu:

Cheap Ass Ford Cats!!!!!!!!!!! That really ticked me off when they just crapped out after 1000 miles:twitch:

Speaking of cats. I remember this one time, at band camp, we got this pillow case and a big arse rock.....hmmmm...maybe I better not tell that story either.:throw:

Rocks

03LightningRocks
03-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by cpeapea
ever tried shoving a firecracker up a...oh nevermind. hey Ron maybe your other cats should magically go bad...then you could put in an offroad pipe

I think I'm too old for that much noise. Besides, I want to be sure I can hear Pink Floyd over the exhaust.

Rocks