PDA

View Full Version : 350Z wanted some and got some

Red2002
03-12-2003, 03:56 PM
Driving northbound on South Cooper late last night, a god-awful orange 350Z pulls up and revs on me. I'm sitting at the light knowing the slaughter the kid is about to receive. I scrub the 555R's and wait for the green. Light turns green and I'm through the intersection before he ever enters it. I let off at 90mph at least five truck lengths ahead of him. He eases on by as I slow to give him a "what happened" look but the face that was so eager moments before had now turned to stone. Live and learn, kid. :)

That's the third time a new Z has wanted a piece. From a roll is the same story. 60mph-120mph was another a** raping.:D

Personal observation: Are the new Z's becoming the new Corvette's? Everyone but me seems to have one now.

wesman
03-12-2003, 05:49 PM
lol....now make it a semi-stock L and it's a different story...except off the line...the L low-end torque rules

--wes

wesman
03-12-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by wesman
lol....now make it a semi-stock L and it's a different story...except off the line...the L low-end torque rules

--wes

Then again, if they ask for it give it to em...I'll kick an old ladies ass in her Buick if she revs at me :burnout:

--wes

HighVoltage
03-16-2003, 03:58 AM
Way to go Laurence!
I'll take on Wesman in that 240....uh...280...uh...300...What ever those Chick cars are!
By the way its stock Wes!
Laurence, give me a call so we can go chase some A$$!!!!:beer:

wesman
03-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by HighVoltage
Way to go Laurence!
I'll take on Wesman in that 240....uh...280...uh...300...What ever those Chick cars are!
By the way its stock Wes!
Laurence, give me a call so we can go chase some A$$!!!!:beer:

lol...you rednecks kill me....chick car.....the chicks do like it I must admit.

I don't understand why you guys have to hate on everything that isn't a damn truck. I have a L as well...I wouldn't mind kickin your a$$ in both of them :tu:

--wes

HighVoltage
03-16-2003, 09:15 PM
Redneck...huh? Well since I bought an L, and have drag raced it, I guess I have come full circle on being a Redneck!:D

Alpine
03-17-2003, 09:56 AM
Pretty funny that a Z350 can only compete with a "semi- stock " 4800 pound aero-dynamically challenged summer cottage, from a roll!

wesman
03-17-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Alpine
Pretty funny that a Z350 can only compete with a "semi- stock " 4800 pound aero-dynamically challenged summer cottage, from a roll!

Hmmm...let's do the math...

V6 NA 287hp and 274 ft lbs of tq

Lightning

V8 Supercharged 380hp and 450ft lbs of tq

I think it's doing pretty good to roll with a L myself. Also keep in mind there is a lot of racing out there that doesn't consist of pushing your foot to the floor and going....in every aspect there the L is eaten alive.

--wes

Red2002
03-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Why spend the money on a new Z when you can buy a 5 year old Supra and smoke the hell out of anything the Z could ever dream of being? :D

After researching the car I raced, it was indeed a "Track" model. Looked good except for that putrid color.

Why so defensive bro? We're only having fun.

wesman
03-17-2003, 04:42 PM
I actually have a 300zx in the midst of being built that will smoke the pants off any L around....hell throw in JL,Sal or JDM....smoke them too. In fact upon completion, many of the Supras you speak of wont be able to handle it. I've got a long history with the Supras in my 300....the 350, that's another story.

I get defensive because I own the car and people on here are talking mad sh!t like they have the fastest thing on the planet. The L is cool for what it is....but the 350Z is many things it isn't. The L has it in one category, straight line acceleration, at the bottom end. I've said it before on here, the 350Z will take any lightly modded L on the top end. My speedo stops at 160....I've had it there....I've only heard of a select few that have even seen 140 in a L. Hell, Terry saw it but look where his engines at. (Sorry Terry, first name that came to mind :) )

You mentioned the Supra, it is good in the straight line acceleration, just like the L and every other straight line minded boy racer out there. The 350 will handle anything this side of the exotics on a road course or autocross track when driven well.

The 350Z isn't a monster drag car, it wasn't intended to be. I'll take you for a ride one day and I'm fairly certain it will gain your respect.

--wes

L8 APEX
03-17-2003, 06:00 PM
Why did you have to go and pull me into this:nono: My truck blew way over 140 more like 158-162. But that is relativley slow goings compared to the 190+ runs I made in my C5. Of course those were at night w/ headlights popped up and mirrors out I am sure having those down would yield a few more MPH. It pushed me back in the seat the same at 140 is it did from 75-90mph. As for only srtaight line I would disagree with that also. In front of many whitnesses I towed a fully caged, Brembo'd, race tire equiped SCCA Pro solo Cobra R around TMS road course for several laps. These trucks will road race. We all think your car is cute, are they "really" fast no. I would consider them zippy-do-frickin da fast. Quit comparing it to 4800lb pick up trucks and compare it to sports cars that it was intended to compete with. Which is what? I don't know another production car pulling 1G on the skidpad compared to the Z06? Or 3.9 sec 0-60 acceleration? Every 350Z I came across in my Vette only waved or hit the brakes when the light turned green or lanes opened up. Go talk up your foriegn car elsewhere:throw:

With that said I could give a crap less about one kind of rice or another. We need to stay on a higher level on this forum. The first 350's we saw at TMS for charity laps were cool looking rides. When Wes brought his wife's car:D out to Ennis last year we greeted him well. I have no problem with a man's choice to live that lifestyle. Just don't wave in my face:twitch:
It just doesn't pay to debate such issues on the Lightning forum with these juveniles running around:tongue:
I know better than to talk cars other than those intended for the forum. I don't brag about my L on the Vette forums nor the Vette on the L forums. It always causes conflict:tu:

wesman
03-17-2003, 07:45 PM
I digress...you guys are hopeless :nono:

--wes

Alpine
03-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by wesman
I digress...you guys are hopeless :nono:

--wes

Who's hopeless?! :)

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108505

Not trying to stir the pot, but this guy is a total tool. Click on the link.

wesman
03-18-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Alpine
Who's hopeless?! :)

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108505

Not trying to stir the pot, but this guy is a total tool. Click on the link.

lol...yeah, I've seen taht one before. Ironically a salvage 350Z, of the same model and color popped up in the same city about 4 days later...most likely his.

I guess that's one place the auto has an advantage....hill starts are much easier ;)

--wes