PDA

View Full Version : red fluid on ground

StormShadow
03-17-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm assuming this is trans fluid. anyone else have this problem where your Truck was new

L8 APEX
03-17-2003, 11:24 PM
I have noticed rear trans seals leaking on a lot of trucks. Get under there and tell us what you see. maybe it was too full?

StormShadow
03-17-2003, 11:35 PM
the puddle was in the front of the garage. i just climbed under it and could see that it is dripping from (pardon my ignorance) a hose or tube on the drivers front

Silver_2000
03-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by StormShadow
the puddle was in the front of the garage. i just climbed under it and could see that it is dripping from (pardon my ignorance) a hose or tube on the drivers front

Power steering fluid

StormShadow
03-17-2003, 11:39 PM
guess I get to try out my warranty

L8 APEX
03-17-2003, 11:48 PM
They say Harley's don't leak they mark their territory:tongue: Maybe L's to the same. My power steering hose leaked also:tu:

StormShadow
03-17-2003, 11:50 PM
thanks a lot guys.. I am gonna call my service tech tomorrow and see what he wants to do about it...glad I dont have any mods yet

03LightningRocks
03-18-2003, 01:01 AM
My 03 had a leak like that but it was coming from between the tranny and motor. It stopped after about 3 days so I figured it was a seal that hadn't seated yet.

Rocks

Moonshine
03-18-2003, 11:27 AM
anyone else have this problem where your Truck was new

Yup, but it was blood dripping out of the drain holes in the bed.

BTW, I too had a power steering pump leak pretty early on. Sounds like a pretty common problem.

cpeapea
03-18-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Moonshine
Yup, but it was blood dripping out of the drain holes in the bed.

maybe you shouldnt through your dead ricers back there jk

StormShadow
03-18-2003, 07:11 PM
hey Rocks maybe it stopped because you ran out of fluid:twitch:

03LightningRocks
03-18-2003, 09:05 PM
hey Rocks maybe it stopped because you ran out of fluid:twitch:

Hhhhmmmmm...maybe. I'll have to check that...LOL.

Did you take it to the dealer yet? They, by gawd, better treat us right.
Let me know what happens.

Rocks:beer:

StormShadow
03-18-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm taking it in the morning. Get this...since we are SVT customers we get a free loaner while our vehicle is getting warranty work done...so i asked the question. "Is there going to be a loaner available for me?" answer: Uh I dont know anything about that but Enterprise rents cars and we have a courtasy van.. sheesh...I even got duped into paying extra 300$ for that same coverage some sort of add-on and I later read that it comes with Svt vehicles..I'm getting that cancelled.. sheesh:hammer:

03LightningRocks
03-18-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm taking it in the morning. Get this...since we are SVT customers we get a free loaner while our vehicle is getting warranty work done...so i asked the question. "Is there going to be a loaner available for me?" answer: Uh I dont know anything about that but Enterprise rents cars and we have a courtasy van.. sheesh...I even got duped into paying extra 300$ for that same coverage some sort of add-on and I later read that it comes with Svt vehicles..I'm getting that cancelled.. sheesh:hammer:

Holy Crap...that is B.S. When I took my L in for them to put the hard lid on the bed, the service dept. said the same crap to me. I got pizzed and went and got the Finance manager. He brought David into it and 3 minutes later they where handing me a set of keys to an explorer to drive for the day.

Come to find out later...my situation didn't warrant a free loaner since it wasn't warranty...LOL. It made me feel a little stupid since I raised so much hell. I guess they did it for me to shut me up.

Rocks:beer:

StormShadow
03-18-2003, 09:54 PM
aaahahaha...well a loaner car is not a big deal but its the principality...anyway my pops is good enough to take the truck to the dealer for me since I have to work..gotta love pops:bows

StormShadow
03-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Took the truck to Westway Ford today and got a new Steering Gear Box. Hopefully this is the end of this thread.

Silver_2000
03-20-2003, 09:20 AM
:tu:

2 points for me. Keyboard diagnosis is accurate. I am working on becoming a "Keyboard Tuner"... LOL

Me thinks I am TOO familiar with leaks...

Doug

dboat
03-20-2003, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!

2 points for me. Keyboard diagnosis is accurate. I am working on becoming a "Keyboard Tuner"... LOL

Doug

hmm leak and keyboard issues... could this be the reason? he he

L8 APEX
03-20-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!

Doug
I though we were talking about the hose or power steering pump? Gearbox is a surprise to me:hammer: