PDA

View Full Version : Okay, another stupid warranty question

microsuck
03-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Okay, my overdrive light wont quit flashing, so it looks like it is time to de-mod and take it to the dealer again, for tranny work. But before I do( 2-day process), I was wondering if anyone knew if all the ford dealerships kept a registry of some sorts about whether they have denied you warranty work due to mods? Basically, I am going to do a minimal de-moding(pull the chip and nos) and go to a dealership I havent been to before, and try to get the work done. If they deny me, then I will do a full de-mod to bone stock and go to my normal dealership. Is there a way that my normal dealer could find out I was modded from the first dealer I tried? Thanks guys.
Andrew

Silver_2000
03-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Depends ... If they enter it in the computer you are in trouble.

I should have a Ford NGS scanner by this weekend - Supposedly the flashing light means there is a stored code. Let me know Ill be happy to take a look. maybe the thing to do is to go to the dyno Sat and we'll take a look

Doug

L8 APEX
03-21-2003, 12:50 AM
The dealerships use a system called Oasis. It tracks vehicle service, warranty, recall stauts etc.

microsuck
03-21-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Depends ... If they enter it in the computer you are in trouble.

I should have a Ford NGS scanner by this weekend - Supposedly the flashing light means there is a stored code. Let me know Ill be happy to take a look. maybe the thing to do is to go to the dyno Sat and we'll take a look

Doug
Awesome doug. I will be at the dyno for sure, but now I dont know if I will be pulling due to the tranny. Damn tranny. Thanks alot guys.
Andrew

03LightningRocks
03-21-2003, 02:51 PM
Andrew....PM

microsuck
03-21-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Andrew,

I have a new factory 4R100 out of my 2003 Lightning. Less than 4000 miles on it. It has the Factory Tech Valve Body in it and it has the deep sump tranny pan and filter. It also has the factory torque converter.

I put the Monster Box in my truck already to keep from thrashing the new tranny with my rediculous desire to get up to 700 H.P....LOL.

Ron
Thanks alot Ron! I dont know if I need a new tranny yet. But if I do I will definately get yours. I wont know till after this weekend. I understand if it sells. But if it dosent, and I end up needing one then I will definatelyu buy it from you
Thanks
Andrew

mercbuff
03-21-2003, 03:58 PM
you probally already tried this but my od light started to flash after i pulled a trailer discounted the battery for about five min. no more flashing 1500 miles later good to go

03LightningRocks
03-21-2003, 04:35 PM
:tu:

Andrew....you have a PM

Rocks

cpeapea
03-22-2003, 02:54 AM
Ron, youre a pretty awesome guy to offer a deal to andrew. just thought id say that

L8 APEX
03-22-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by cpeapea
Ron, youre a pretty awesome guy to offer a deal to andrew. just thought id say that
What makes him awesome, he is just trying to get rid of it:tongue:

03LightningRocks
03-22-2003, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
What makes him awesome, he is just trying to get rid of it:tongue:

OK Terry, that's it....Nobody gets the damn thing...I'll keep it for a spare.....J/K.

Oh, by the way.....In the post I killed above...I had made one of the requirements be that you do the install....OOOPPPS...LOL.

Rocks:throw:

cpeapea
03-23-2003, 01:30 AM
well i like to keep all my stock parts. Rons probably offering it to him for a fair price when he needs it. in my book that makes him pretty awesome.:beer: