PDA

View Full Version : Truck is ready and running like a top

J.D. Blackwell
03-27-2003, 10:53 AM
Well, Jim said he finally got it running. He said it was one of the most difficult challenges he has done so far. He replaced dang near everything.

Jim was telling me about some insects were in my vacuum lines etc. and said that Stan called them "dobblers" or a "dirt dobbler" or something like that. I laughed and said ,"You me a dirt dobber" and he goes, "Yeah, that is what Stan said". I guess they don't have them up there.LOL

Anyways I am having it shipped back down here and should have it by Wednesday, just in time for the Longview Cruise Night.
May cruise over to Dallas next Friday and stick her on the dyno to double check AFR #s. I want to see what the #s will show me down here in Texas with 93 Octane. Jim tuned it to a conservative 11.1 : 1 AFR with their Premuim gas. Then I will either head down to Ennis that night or over to Hallsville to see what kind of et's I can pull off at full weight and F1's. (may have 20's on)
Man I am too excited just thinking about it. Is has been Nov. 2001 since the last time I drove her.

Crawford
03-27-2003, 10:55 AM
:nana2 :banana: :nana2 :banana: :burnout:

my2002lightning
03-27-2003, 11:18 AM
JD,

Can you give a short-story as to what was wrong w/your rig to begin with? Dirt-dobbers in your vacuum-lines ?!? There's a new one!

Glad your truck is back up and running!

BTW, if/when you talk to Stan next, tell him Ronald said hello ! 'preciate it!

:nana2

Ronald

cpeapea
03-27-2003, 11:25 AM
man those buggers can get any where a swear...one made a nest in my 58ford, surprised the hell out of me when i was driving it

98Cobra
03-27-2003, 12:16 PM
What you need to do is celebrate by bringing it to BoneDaddy's next Thursday!!!!! Give you some good break in mileage too!! :banana:

99WhiteBeast
03-27-2003, 12:17 PM
My2002L,

I don't think they make a "cliff notes" of JD's debacle that would be more like a thesis.:eek2:

JD,
Glad to hear your truck is up and running:tu:

03LightningRocks
03-27-2003, 02:58 PM
Justin,

If you don't mind telling, I sure would like to know what the shipping charges are for up there and back.

Thanks,
Rocks:beer:

Sixpipes
03-27-2003, 03:07 PM
I hate dirt dobblers. :cool: Great news.

George G.
03-27-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
.... Is has been Nov. 2001 since the last time I drove her.

Yikes!!:eek2: And I thought being without mine for 2 weeks because of a failed diff unit was torture. So is this truck like the meanest thing around now or something?

Moonshine
03-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Great news Justin. :tu:

And ditto what Garett said about bringing her to the meeting next week. It's been too long since we've seen you in a Lightning.:p

J.D. Blackwell
03-27-2003, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by my2002lightning
JD,

Can you give a short-story as to what was wrong w/your rig to begin with? Dirt-dobbers in your vacuum-lines ?!? There's a new one!
Ronald

There is no such thing as a short story with my situation.
Basically I blew my motor in Nov. 2001
Didn't get everything ordered to til March 2002 (shopping around & long story)
Received Shortblock in May
Received heads in July
Put it together in August
Had the motor put in in Sept.
It wasn't done right (long story) and had been to busy to get it finished til now.

You might can run a search under my name and find a lot of the storys. I know it goes back til this forum opened in Mar. 2002

The rest of the storys will be on nloc.net in the TALON section.

J.D. Blackwell
03-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
What you need to do is celebrate by bringing it to BoneDaddy's next Thursday!!!!! Give you some good break in mileage too!! :banana:

Well, I was planning on going to Cruise night in Longview next Thursday, but now that has changd cause I truck won't be picked up til Tuesday. IF I get it by noon Friday, I am running to Lone Star Peromance for dyno and AFR and then off to either Ennis or Hallsville Friday night.

J.D. Blackwell
03-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Justin,

If you don't mind telling, I sure would like to know what the shipping charges are for up there and back.

Thanks,
Rocks:beer:

I don't know wat Stan is going to charge me forgoing up there. He was heading up there anyways, but I don't mid paying him.

He got tired of waiting for my truck to get done though. I made him miss 3 days of work and a big race this past weekend.
So I am having a trucking company load it on a flat bed and bring it back for me. That is costing me $1,000

Mark #2
03-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Justin,
I am glad to hear that you are getting close to the end of your adventure. Congratulations.
Mark

Natetrun
03-27-2003, 09:52 PM
Fly up and drive it back?:)

HighVoltage
03-28-2003, 02:46 AM
Dirt Dobbers!!! You must live in the BOONIES!
Instead of Nitrous injection maybe you should get RAID injection. LOL Congrats on getting your truck back.:tu:

Paul Gamino
03-28-2003, 01:54 PM
Good news Justin. Glad for you. Enjoy :tu:

Shazbot
03-29-2003, 04:56 PM
Tell me about this phenomenon. I grew up in Longview and would love to show up there in my L with all my L brethren. I found the day...first Thursday of every month...but not the time and place.

Can ya help a bruthuh?

TxBolt
03-29-2003, 05:17 PM
That makes me as happy as when I get mine back. I'm glad for ya! You go Dog!!:beer:

J.D. Blackwell
03-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Shazbot
Tell me about this phenomenon. I grew up in Longview and would love to show up there in my L with all my L brethren. I found the day...first Thursday of every month...but not the time and place.

Can ya help a bruthuh?

Yeah, it is at the Corner of Loop 281 & Judson Rd. A Whataburger is right there on the corner with an Olive Garden next to it. Everyone parks in the Whatburger parking lot and in the big grassy area in front of it. There is usally between 75 to 125 cars and on occasion 175-200 cars. There are never any Lightnings that show up even though I see about 5 or 6 running around town. It starts when you get there and ends when you leave. People start turning up at 5 p.m. and usally people stay til 10-10:30. I don't ever get there til about 7 when it is starting at it's peak.

Shazbot
03-29-2003, 06:45 PM
Hey, I know that Whataburger. Does it still have deer antlers for door handles. It used to. If you can belive it, my first job at 16 was at that stupid McDonald's across the parking lot.

:p

J.D. Blackwell
03-29-2003, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Shazbot
Hey, I know that Whataburger. Does it still have deer antlers for door handles. It used to. If you can belive it, my first job at 16 was at that stupid McDonald's across the parking lot.

:p

I don't remember if it has deer antlers as door handles. I have been in there over a hundred times, BUT I was drunk off my ass every time, so I don't remember. Everyone does there burnouts between the McDonalds and Olive Garden and also pulling out back up to the redlight.

TxBolt
03-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Hay J.D you have 555 posts. You now are required to drive 55!!:nana2 :nana2

MadMax
03-29-2003, 09:29 PM
Congratulations! :D You most likely deserve a haulin' balls machine at this point :D Enjoy....