PDA

View Full Version : Swapping '00 heads with '02 heads >>

wesman
03-31-2003, 08:15 PM
Has anyone heard of or seen any difference in the heads between the years? I have a '00 and I bought a set of '02 heads to swap on to my block. Is there anything that needs to be swapped or changed to make them operate correctly?

The truck was back together but it wouldn't start and seemed to have issues with timing etc so we thought it may be the timing chain was off a tooth, but it didn't turn out that way.

I'm wondering if there are any actual difference between the '00 and '02 heads......anyone know ?

I need my d@mn truck back...nneeeeeeeddddddd booooooosssttt :hammer:

--wes

TxBolt
03-31-2003, 08:31 PM
I see you posted that question on NLOC. Sometimes it can be hard to get a question ansured over there. Good Luck!
Tim
I need my d@mn truck back...nneeeeeeeddddddd booooooosssttt I will second that!!!:nana2 :nana2

J.D. Blackwell
03-31-2003, 08:51 PM
They are identical. '99+ 4.6L including Mustang GT, F150 Truck and all '99+ 5.4L are the same. A P.I. (or Power Improved) heads are the same.

L8 APEX
03-31-2003, 09:41 PM
No difference from 99-02. I thought Speedoworks was an LS1 people. Did you have to sweet talk them to work on a Lightning? I think you are the first L motor they have had apart. Bankston is right up the road if all else fails. Are all sensors reading on the scna tool? Keep us informed.

wesman
04-01-2003, 12:02 AM
Yeah, they specialize in Ls1's, Vettes etc but they have done a ton of work on Mustangs etc as well. I think we figured out the problem...we'll see tomorrow.

What's up with your motor?

--wes

L8 APEX
04-01-2003, 01:48 AM
It sits on the pallet in the corner. I have no time to work on it:(

98Cobra
04-01-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Bankston is right up the road if all else fails.

You got that (unintentionally) right! :D

J.D. Blackwell
04-01-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Bankston is right up the road if all else fails.

Uuuuuhhhhhh, you must be crazy. Oh I found that missing fuel line safety ring that connects the lines rght behind the blower. Bankston said I didn't give them one, but I knew I wasn't crazy, cause Jim & Shawn found it down in my intake. That was one of the major reasons why my truck was screwed up. It made the rocker arm pop out of place. Anyways, Bankston is fixing to have a new owner........Blackwell Ford of Frisco.:flaming:

Red99Lightning
04-01-2003, 06:57 PM
i have 02 heads on my truck and there are no problems