PDA

View Full Version : I have a warranty question...

Lil Nicky88
04-02-2003, 11:34 PM
a while back I blew my motor in my truck. I had 23k miles on it when it went. Ford replaced it and added an extra 24k warranty on the new motor. Now I am at 42k on my truck so my motor is still barely under warranty. I shot a plug tonight, so that should be covered under the warranty right?

it sucks too, cuz I just pulled out of my house to get a coke from the 7-11 at the end of my block...

J.D. Blackwell
04-03-2003, 12:39 AM
It should, just take it back to the same dealer that warrantied your truck before.

BTW, do you have any mods done to it? If so, take them off now.

Lil Nicky88
04-03-2003, 03:19 AM
mods? within 35 minutes of the plug being shot out, I had 5 friends crawling all over it making sure it was stock.

:tu:

Lil Nicky88
04-03-2003, 03:39 AM
I was curious if anybody in the plano area that has a chip happens to have the factory dust cover for the computer, since I seem to have misplaced mine. If so, it would be temporary, and if I could get it sometime tomorrow morning that would be great... :tu:

Moonshine
04-03-2003, 10:34 AM
Irrespective of mileage, they should cover at least part of the repairs under warranty. My plug went into orbit at 52K miles (no extended warranty of any kind) and they covered 75% under warranty.

cpeapea
04-03-2003, 11:24 AM
i have a dust cover i think, do you want me to bring it to the talon meeting? (your talking about the little black cacp right?)

Lil Nicky88
04-03-2003, 08:17 PM
I'm not worried about it now. Thanks though. I need a new right head, and they are trying to tell me it's not under warranty. I basically told them to kiss off and reread their paper work...

and then I talked to the service manager, and he is "going to see what he can do". :bs

that means that he is going to see that I bought not only a lightning from that dealership, but a saleen as well, and they BOTH spent over a month in the shop right after purchase. Then I get to kick him in the nuts. :hammer:

wesman
04-05-2003, 04:04 PM
lol....kick him in the nuts regardless...I'm sure he deserves it:hammer:

--wes