PDA

View Full Version : Silver in "03?

viper
04-04-2003, 09:12 AM
I've been shopping for a new '03L and haven't even seen a silver one.The paint books I checked in the dealers showed silver as a choice for the 150 series but no specifics concerning the Lightning. Did they have silver as a color choice for the '03 L?

Also, anybody have any advice concerning waiting for an '04? I've seen the concepts but they seem too angular - I like the smooth lines of the existing L's. Any idea of the price for the '04? When will the '04's be in the dealers?

Thanks for your responses on "best price." I found the best deal to be at Five Star Ford.

My silver L has a bed cover I'll need to get painted red.Any recommendations on a GOOD paint shop?

dboat
04-04-2003, 09:58 AM
there is no silver this year.. just DSG..

There is a lot of speculation going on, but what I know, and it may not be current, is that 2003 is the end of this run of L's until the new one is out.. it was first reported that would be 2004, but now I have seen as late as 2006, but more likely 2005.. it hinges on the new intercooler design for the intake..

as far as a paint shop goes... I have used Rick's Midnight Auto in Arlington with very good success and very good pricing...

Dana

cpeapea
04-04-2003, 11:22 AM
leezo brothers off of Irving Blvd and Loop 12. spensive but the best. also there is another place that next door to my work that specializes in high end cars ie vipers, supras, lambroginis. its called defratus collision, i hear they are pretty good but also expensive

Shazbot
04-04-2003, 01:43 PM
I actually had a red Snuglid painted silver at New Car Concepts in Carrollton. Everything was perfect, down to matching the metal flake and clear coat. Looked totally factory. Getting one painted red should be a piece of cake for them.

I'll be happy to e-mail a pic of the finished product. Can't show you the real thing 'cause I sold it shortly after selling my Silver '01.

L8 APEX
04-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Yep they replaced silver w/ dark shadow gray. I heard there will be no Lightning in 04 then the new style in 05. Defratus does excellent work Gary is the owner there pain ship is down the streeet south of Pioneer but the estimating and showroom are at the dealership lot north of Pioneer across from Sonic.