PDA

View Full Version : Got My Truck Back

J.D. Blackwell
04-06-2003, 03:48 PM
Man O Man, it is about time. After 17 months without driving my truck I finally got to drive her. I got it yesterday morning and have put about 100 miles on her so far. One thing I have to say is this son of a biatch is LOUD!!!!! I can't here myself think.....that is the way I like it. Oh, and at idle you can DEFINETELY here the cams.:d And even though the exhaust is loud, you can here that famous Eaton whine with the help of that 10# lower.:d

I still have a few bugs that need to be worked out. Hopefully it is nothing serious, just mostly tranny problems.(shift points and such) Hopefully Jim can help me solve them at FFW.

Just thought that some of you may wanted to know.

Later,

Silver_2000
04-06-2003, 04:24 PM
10# lower ???:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

03LightningRocks
04-06-2003, 04:26 PM
Congrats Justin,

I bet you were ready to drive after that long. Now you can take her to the 10's without a care in the world. I'm envious.

Rocks:beer:

J.D. Blackwell
04-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Yes, it is a 10# JLP pulley Doug. Actually when my truck was at Jim's, he measured it to his 8# for curiosity and it was the same exact size. Stan (RUSLOW) confirmed this also. All I know is that even with the tight 70" belt that is on it, it still slips really bad. Will have to invest in either a Reichard Ultra Grip pulley or a Metci idler pulley. Oh, I don't know what kind of boost the blower is actually making. Will know next sometime this week when I get my Autometer boost guage hooked up. I would imagine around 17lbs. though.

Alpine
04-06-2003, 04:54 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeet yo!:bows

Crawford
04-06-2003, 05:05 PM
Awesome man. Let me know when you hit the dyno!!!

T Hogg
04-06-2003, 10:45 PM
Sounds goooood! Let me know when you get ready to dyno. I would like to be there too.

L8 APEX
04-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Does it have the Silver bullet and hi flow cats? How does it run man!! Midrange, bottom end, shift points redline.. Also how much stall does it need to run well? I would like to run the tightest stall possible for road racing but don't want the motor to bog. Did you end up with JDM's aggressive cams or another grind? Thanks! ...
I read your sig and answered some of the ?'s Do you really need the fuel pumps? I hear stock will support 600RWhp?

cpeapea
04-07-2003, 12:20 AM
can we hear it at the next meeting ???:bows

J.D. Blackwell
04-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Does it have the Silver bullet and hi flow cats? How does it run man!! Midrange, bottom end, shift points redline.. Also how much stall does it need to run well? I would like to run the tightest stall possible for road racing but don't want the motor to bog. Did you end up with JDM's aggressive cams or another grind? Thanks! ...
I read your sig and answered some of the ?'s Do you really need the fuel pumps? I hear stock will support 600RWhp?

It does have the Silver bullet with hi-flows. They are the loudest mufflers you can get. I can't give any results about the power yet. I a having quite a bit of problem with the tranny. t is no shifting out well at all. I can be sitting in either both 2nd and 3rd and about 3500 or so and floor it and the dang thing will try to sift all the way back to first on me. It is not in the chip, already pulled it. I will get under it this afternoon to see if any wires have come loose.
I am running the stock converter and it seems to be really loose in first. I can tell the extra hp & tq has loosened it up a bit. Can't confirm this til the tranny problems are solved.
The cams are the Stage 2 cams from Crower. The specs are 262 duration and .580 lift. They sound aggressive, but haven't tested them yet. I know Crower has a more aggressive cam with a 274 duration an a .612 lift for street/strip, but the ones I have feel that they are on the border line of being streetable with the vacuum.
Didn't want to take chances with the stock pumps.:nono:

MadMax
04-07-2003, 12:07 PM
Congratulations. "May the Gods of Rod Bolts be with you forever"

:D

03LightningRocks
04-07-2003, 02:13 PM
Justin,

I have a monster box also and it seems loose going into first to me too. I have emailed Greg Evans about it and so far no response.

Let me know what you find out about this if you would. I'll do the same when I get some word on it.

Rocks

TxBolt
04-07-2003, 07:21 PM
J.D my mods are increasing! I should be getting close to running down the track!:burnout: I think Rodney is going to give you a call. Rod is trying to find a place close to do his helicoiled inserts while his heads are off. He called Wells today, but I think their busy with the race season going.I told him I heard of another good tech in Dallas but I can't remember their name. I thought it started with a C. Anyway, it wont be long and I will let your White Beast smoke me on the track!!!:nana2 :nana2 :nana2

Tony2000
04-07-2003, 11:36 PM
beaware The white ones are coming alive,
and we are going to spank some A$^&s
hahahah:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
congrats man